Prison

---

i woke up in a prison, tied to the wall.

i felt my eyes began to water and ask i could think about was getting away.

i thrashed about in the chains, but they were pulled so tight that i couldn't move at all.

'LET ME OUT!' i yelled, seeing one of the guards open the window in my door.

they closed it quickly and i heard a knock on the door. commander zhao entered, smirking.

'what do you want?!' i said, trying to move.

he laughed, 'so violent!'

he narrowed his eyes and walked towards me inspecting my hair.

'how do you know the avatar?'

i said nothing and his face got sterner.

'you have no power here.' he said, holding fire in his hand, 'you're not a firebender, this cell is made of metal and there's no water anywhere near us. you. are. powerless.'

i gritted my teeth. i wasn't going to talk.

'so, let's try this again - shall we?' he said, straightening his posture and holding the flame closer to the thin bandages around my burn.

i grimaced and tried to pull my arm back.

'how do you know the avatar?' he asked again.

'wouldn't you like to know'

he put the fire right next to my clothing, tearing another hole in the fabric and getting dangerously close to the it.

'know that you will tell me.' he said, pushing it onto the burn, making me cry out in pain.

i felt tears fall from my face.

'i just do - okay' i said, biting my tongue to stop myself from screaming.

he moved the fire closer to my burn but i stopped him before he could.

'knowing him is the reason im here, okay just please' î winced.

he squashed the fire, leaving the room without saying another word.

a short time passed before my guards changed and i saw fire light make its way under my door.

i watched as the guards' shadows disappeared and were replaced by another person who as making their way inside.

someone with a blue spirit mask opened the door, weilding two swords, and cut my chains.

i fell to the ground, using my free hand to check my burn.

it hurt.

the spirit took my hand for a second and lead me out the door directing me to be quiet and wait where i was.

they turned a corner and i heard guards shouting. but then they stopped.

i ripped a part of my shirt off and tied it around the burn, wincing as the pain shot up through my arm - making me fall to the floor.

i clenched my teeth and picked myself up.

just in time to see aang come round the corner with the blue spirit.

we followed them through the corridors and into the sewers - making sure we weren't seen by any guards.

they motioned for us to climb out and we ran towards the wall, climbing up a rope.

then, loud chimes rang all around us and a soldier pointed at us, 'THERE, ON THE WALL!'

we looked up, trying to scramble higher before the ropes were cut by another guard.