The Fortuneteller

we'd put our camp by a lake and hadn't seen anyone else since we'd arrived.

so when a particularly annoying fish came to annoying us, we were actually excited.

'look!' shouted katara, pointing at the fish.

'he is taunting us. you are so gonna be dinner!' shouted sokka, running bcak to the tent to get his fishing pole, 'hey! where's the fishing line?'

'oh, i didn't think you would need it sokka.' said aang, holding up the fishing line which he'd made into a necklace.

'aahh, it's all tangled!'

aang walked up to katara, showing her his creation, 'not tangled - woven. i made you a necklace, katara. i thought since you lost your other one...'

'thanks, aang. i love it.' she said.

'great, aang. maybe instead of saving the world you can go into the jewelry making business.' said sokka

aang grinned, ' i don't see why i can't do both?'

the fish leapt from the lake again

'stop taunting me!' shouted sokka, sounding annoyed.

'so, how do i look?' asked katara, talking to aang of course.

i picked up my glider, 'ill be back in a bit. just feeling bad for the fish'

no one replied.

i jumped up into a tree and ran over the top of the forest, propelled by my airbending, and sat on a branch not too far away from the rest.

i tore my makeshift bandage off and looked at the burn.

it was still painful to touch.

zuko why?

why did you help us?

i buried my head in my hands, trying to stop the tears.

i wiped my face with my sleeve, sniffing.

taking a new piece of cloth that id taken from the bag, i wrapped my burn back up again and bounded back to the river.

but they weren't there.

'SOKKA? AANG? KATARA? GUYS? WHERE ARE YOU?' i yelled.

the camp was gone and there was no sign of them anywhere.

'Y/N!' called aang.

i sprinted over to the noise and, sure enough, they were there.

'are you guys okay?' i said, looking at the package aang was holding.

'maybe we should go see aunt wu and learn our fortunes. it could be fun.' said katara

'who's aunt wu?' i asked

'a fortune teller from a village' said sokka, sarcastically, katara gave him a stern look, 'oh come on, fortune telling is nonsense'

as sokka spoke, aang shredded the wrapper of the item to reveal an umbrella.

'what do ya know, an umbrella!' he said

and just as he finished speaking, it began to rain.

'that proves it.' said katara, running under the umbrella with aang.

'no it doesn't - you can't really tell the future.' said sokka

'i guess you're not really getting wet then.'

the egg sokka was holding slipped out of his hands and landed on his head.

ouch.

i used some air to cover my head from the rain.