Volcano

i sat down on a pillow in the room and put my palm out.

'what would you like to know?' asked wu

'uhm, love? i guess' i said

she took my palm and her eyes opened wide.

she'd seen how long id lived.

'just the next sixty years please' i said, and she nodded.

'the person you marry is not far' she said, tracing the lines on my hand, 'do what your heart tells you and do not overcomplicate it, and you will be happy'

i smiled, but i was still nervous, 'thanks aunt wu.'

a name would've been easier.

she followed me out, beckoning aang in.

he came out not too soon after and we went into the village square.

'uh meng?' i said as my friend disappeared down he street.

'yeah?' she said, staring at aang.

'is there a healer in your village? or a medic or something?'

she looked at me, grimacing, 'uh yeah, just over there'

'thanks' i said, walking over to my friends who had gathered by a crowd.

'hi!' i said to sokka, who was despairing over the amount of people staring at the clouds.

'what's with the sky?'

'we are waiting for aunt wu to come and read the clouds to predict the fate of the whole village.' said a man

'that cloud looks like a fluffy bunny.' said aang, pointing to it.

'you better hope that's not a bunny - the fluffy bunny cloud forecasts doom and destruction.'

sokka sighed, 'do you even hear yourself?'

'the cloud reading will tell us if mount makapu will remain dormant for another year or if it will erupt.' said a woman

'we used to have a tradition once a year of going up the mountain to check the volcano ourselves, but ever since aunt wu moved to the village twenty years ago we have a tradition of not doing that.' said the man from before, calmly.

'i can't believe you would trust your lives to that crazy old woman's superstition!?' said sokka as katara put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

'shhhh!! she's coming!'

aunt wu stood on the platform, looking at the sky and using it to predict things.

she told the people that they would have a good harvest, that it would be a good year for twins and that the village wasn't going to be destroyed by the volcano.

which was lucky for the people.

when the crowd had left, i walked over to the medics office.

'hello! you must be the one with the burn! come in, come in. aunt wu said you'd be coming!' said a smiley lady from behind a counter.

'oh uh thanks' i said, following her into another room.

she undid my bandage and looked at the burn, tutting.

'fire benders - wasn't it? ' she said, i nodded.

she washed it and put a plant serum onto it, stinging my skin.

'i won't be able to take away the mark, but it's not going to get infected' said the woman, directing me out of the office.

'thank you miss' i said, running over to sokka.