Chapter 17: Carla and Happy

-Meanwhile, Down in the Prison-

Carla was startled as the door swung open. Happy was tossed in, battered and bruised. "Happy!"

"Filthy cats." The guard spat at them as she slammed the door shut.

"Ow..." Happy groaned as he rubbed his head. Carla noticed multiple deep cuts on his body.

"What did she do this time?" Carla asked worriedly as she cleaned up his wounds.

"The only thing I remember is the sword..." Happy said tearfully. "I don't understand. How can someone be so cruel? It's only been an hour since they captured us and I already feel like I'm dying."

"That deranged women has tortured us each 3 times already!" Carla exclaimed angrily.

"And it's only been an hour!" He repeated. "Carla...I think we're gonna die here..."

Carla gulped. "Let's try to be positive. Maybe the others will come rescue us. Or we'll find a way to escape."

"Hey, did you hear 4 wizards from Ishgar were captured?" One guard asked as he and his partner walked past the cell.

"Really? That's cool." The conversation faded as they walked away.

"No..." Happy cried.

"I don't believe it!" Carla exclaimed. "They couldn't have been caught so easily!"

"This is bad." He muttered.

"I agree. That was our best hope."

"How much longer do you think it'll be until we get tortured again?" He smiled in disgust.

"Hmm, I think 5 minutes." She smiled sarcastically. "You didn't tell her anything, right?"

He gave her a look. "Of course not. That witch doesn't deserve any information."

Suddenly, Carla gasped as a series of images came to her. She saw blood covering the land. 4 wizards and 2 Exceeds were fallen on the ground. Zeref surveying the battlefield. He was the only one left standing. Then, unexpectedly, someone swiftly snuck up and killed him. It was Natsu. She saw Lucy stood as Natsu started disappearing. They shared a tearful kiss. Natsu disappeared. Lucy wept on the ground. "No!"

"Carla, what's wrong?" Happy asked worriedly as he grabbed her shoulders.

"I-I got a premonition." She managed to say. "I think."

"Was it good?"

She looked him in the eye, horror filling her face. "Zeref died and Natsu disappeared."

"What?" Happy's face was terrified. "Our plan failed...but Fairy Tail never loses..."

"I know. And I think the entire guild was dead, except for maybe our team..." Carla whispered.

"No...that can't be. Are you sure it wasn't a nightmare? Your head is probably all messed up from the torture." Happy said uncertainly.

"I don't know. But for our sake, I hope it was just a nightmare..."

Suddenly, the door swung open again. "Get the girl this time." Carla gasped as she was plucked out of the cell.

"No! Carla! Don't hurt her anymore!" Happy cried as he pounded on the bars.

"Tomcat, I'll be fine. I promise." Carla's lip trembled as she gave him a reassuring smile.