𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵

"Man... that was close." Ellie said as we finally got away from the infected with Bill's help. "Uh... thanks for the heroics and all." Bill made his way up to Ellie and took his mask off. "Uh, Ellie." She held out her hand for a handshake but only got handcuffed to a pipe. "Hey, what are you- Joel?"

"Bill." We made our way to the two. "What are you doing?" He secured the cuff onto the pipe and pulled a gun on Joel. "Turn around and get on your knees." Bill ordered. "Just calm down a second." Bill ordered Joel again and he complied. Bill pointed the gun at me. "How's it been?" I asked keeping my cool. He didn't answer and motioned his gun towards Joel. 

"Alright." I made my way over to Joel and joined him on the floor but Bill kicked the back of my knees making me fall. "Hey, take it easy." I said as I sat up. "You got any bites?"

"No." Joel answered. "Anything sprouting?" "No, goddamnit we're clean!" Joel shouted. "Well, if I see so much as a twitch." Ellie broke the pipe off the wall and smacked Bill with it. "Stop!" Joel shouted as I grabbed onto her to keep her from doing anything more. 

"You done?" Joel asked Bill as I let go of Ellie. "Am I done? You come into my house, you set off all my traps, you damn near break my shootin' arm." He glanced at Ellie. "Who the fuck is this punk and what's she doing here?" 

"I am none of your goddamn business and we're here because you owe Joel some favors." Ellie made her way up to them and I followed only to keep her a bay. "And you can start by taking these off." I did my job by putting my arm in front of her. "I owe Joel some favors, is that some kind of joke?" Bill put his machete on a table. "I'll cut to the chase. I need a car." 

"Well, it is a joke. Joel needs a car. Well, if I had one that works, which I sure as hell don't, what makes you think I'd give it to you? Huh? Yeah, sure Joel, go ahead, take my car. Take all my food while you're at it." 

"By the looks of it, you could lose some of that food." 

"You listen to me, you little shit -" Bill pointed his machete as Ellie making her jump back a little. "No, fuck you - You handcuffed me- " Joel grabbed her shoulders. "I need you to shut up. Alright?" He let go of Ellie and made his way back to Bill. "Whatever favors you think I owe ya, it ain't worth that much."

"Actually, Bill, they are." I said leaning on the table. "Well, it don't matter 'cause I don't have a car that works." 

"But there is one in this town." 

"Parts. There are parts in this town." 

"Meaning that you could fix one up." I commented. Bill thought about it for a second. "Alright. If I'm gonna do this." He moved the stuff on top of the map of the town. "There's some gear I'm gonna need. It's on the other side of town." He pointed to a place on the map. "Now you help me go gather it. And maybe, I can put something together that runs. But after this, I owe you nothin'." Bill tossed the handcuff keys at me and I caught them. 

"Get your girlfriend unlocked." 

"She's NOT my girlfriend." I said as I grabbed Ellie's wrist and unlocked the handcuff. "Yet you still did it." I gave a mocking laugh and tossed the handcuffs on the floor. "Now follow me. Whole goddamn town's booby trapped, best stay right on my ass." Bill started leading the way. "Can't miss it." I commented making Ellie snicker and Joel turn around. "Knock it off." He smacked my head and continued to follow Bill. 

I chuckled and shook my head as I placed my hands in my pockets and followed the rest. 

~~~~~~~

"Well, here we are." Bill said as he led the way down to the cellar. "You. Don't touch anything." He said to Ellie. "And you close the door." Joel pulled the doors closed. Bill turned on a light. "Let's gear up." 

"Uh-uh." Joel said to Ellie who tried to look around some things. "What? I need a gun." Ellie argued. "No you don't." 

"Joel, I can handle myself." Ellie slightly whispered. "No. Just... stay here." I smirked at Ellie and went to look around the place. "Fine. I'll just wait around for you three to get me killed." I shook my head and looked at one of the pistols. "This goes on record as the worst fucking job you two have ever taken." I chuckled. "It's up there." 

"How in the hell is Tess okay with this suicide mission?" 

"It's actually her idea." I said while pocketing the pistol. Gotta say, I love pistols. "Really? Well, then the broad's not as smart as I thought she was. But... fuck her." I looked over to Ellie and saw that she was too busy looking at things to say anything about anything. "Seriously, you gotta take that kid back to where ya found her."

"Bill, we can't just take her back."

"Then send her packing let her find her own way. Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time I had somebody that I cared about." Bill paused for a moment. "It was a partner. Somebody I had to look after. And in this world that sort of shit is good for one thing. Gettin' ya killed." I let out a sighed and turned to walk away from Bill's story. 

I looked around some more before walking up to Ellie to see what she was looking at before getting yelled at by Bill. "Can you believe this guy has all these comics? And their just laying here!" She whispered to me. "Then take one." I said, grabbing one and tossing it at her. "Really?" She asked.

"You said they were just sitting here." Ellie pulled her backpack off and stuffed the comic in there, along with something else. "What's  that?" She held a finger up to her lips. "Okay..." I let out a huff and looked to Joel and Bill who were making their way to us. "Kid, I swear to God, if you touched anything." 

"Hey, man, I don't need any of your shit. Trust me." 

"(Y/n), you are keeping an eye on her, right?" Bill asked as we made our way upstairs. "Like a hawk." I looked at Ellie who was smiling at me and I gave her a small nod. We made our way into the chapel and looked around the place. "Wow." 

"Nice place you got here."

"Well if you got anything to confess, this'd be the place to do it." 

Nobody said anything so, I thought I'd say something. "I once shot a guy in the balls... just for fun." I looked at the others and they were all looking at me. "What?" I asked. Joel and Bill shook their heads and continued to the windows. Ellie was just all round confused. "He was a bad guy... and I was only five!"