𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼

Hours had passed as the three continued their journey on the open road. (Y/n) and Ellie had decided to switch places, mostly because (Y/n) wanted to lay down for a while. Ellie didn't mind and eventually she fell asleep.

"Oh, no, no, no, no." Joel slowly came to a stop when seeing the multiple vehicles blocking their way of going through. "Well, perfect." "Now what?" Ellie asked as she let out a yawn. Joel looked behind them at the direction they came but turned back around. "Screw it." He said making up his mind on what to do, take the exit off of the highway.

A while after just getting off the highway a man ran his way into their lane of driving making Joel come to an abrupt stop. "Easy." Ellie said as her body jolted forward. (Y/n), who was still laying down in the back enjoying the sleep he was getting, rolled onto the floor of the truck and let out a groan. He grabbed onto the front seat and hoisted himself up. "What's with the driving?" He asked rubbing his head. 

"Please... Help." The guy yelled grabbing Ellie's and (Y/n)'s attention. "Holy shit..." Ellie said as (Y/n) glared at the man who seemed to be hurt at first glance. "Are we going to help him?" Ellie asked as Joel put on his seat belt. (Y/n) noticed and quickly caught on to what Joel was going to do. He grabbed onto Ellie's seat belt and buckled it in for her. After (Y/n) sat back in his seat and put his on. 

"Wait, what about the guy?" 

"Oh, he ain't even hurt." Joel pushed his foot on the gas intending to run over the man but the guy pulled out a gun and aimed it at them. We hit the guy but more started showing up and throwing things at the car. "Oh, not good!" A bus was pushed off of a hill and hit the back of the truck sending the three into a store building. "Hold on!" 

"Oh, shit." (Y/n) said as he looked at the other two to make sure they were okay. "I'm okay, I'm okay." Ellie said. "Then get out quick." the three of them undid their seat belts. Joel was half way out but was stopped when Ellie was grabbed by someone. (Y/n) tried to help but he was having trouble with his seat belt. Joel was grabbed from behind and they started slamming his head on the compartment between the front seats. 

(Y/n) grabbed his knife and cut the belt that was holding him down. He grabbed his gun just as Joel was pulled out of the car and Ellie yelled for him. (Y/n) made the quick decision to go help Ellie. "Hey asshole!" He yelled getting the attention of the guy. He pulled the trigger and shot the man in the head. (Y/n) made his way over to her and helped her off the floor. 

"Motherfucker." She said as she coughed from just being choked. "Come on." Joel said as he made his way to the truck and grabbed their stuff. "What is wrong with these guys?" 

"Watch out!" Ellie said just as a shot was made at Joel but he ducked just in time. "Shit!" (Y/n) yelled as he and Ellie took cover. (Y/n) looked at his right arm and saw the blood oozing onto his hoodie sleeve. "Oh, fuck." Ellie said. The boy sighed and held his gun out for Ellie to grab. "Help Joel." He said. Ellie nodded, grabbed the gun and made sure the safety was off. 

"You do know how to use that, right?" Ellie glared at (Y/n). "Of course." She paused for a bit. "Just, I've never killed anyone." (Y/n) grabbed his arm and started putting pressure on it. "Well, um, I don't really know what to tell you. I guess, just don't think about them as human beings and more as infected." 

"(Y/n)!" Joel shouted. "I could use some help!" The boy let out a dry chuckle. "You're up, kid." Ellie nodded and peeked over their cover. 

As Joel killed the last guy, Ellie helped (Y/n) up from the floor. "Alright... I think that's the last of them. You okay?" Joel asked looking at the two teens. "Uh, could be worst." (Y/n) motioned to his arm. "Well at least you're not dead. We need to get the hell out of here. You know the drill. Look around, see if there is anything we can use." 

"Roger that./Yes sir." The two replied at the same time. They went on and looked around the place only finding a few things here and there. "Hey, um, here's your gun." Ellie held the gun out to (Y/n)."How about you borrow that until we know for sure we're safe?Just, don't tell Joel." She nodded and put the gun away from site. The group continued looking around and eventually found an exit. Joel lifted the garage door to let the two teens make their way through. 

"See if you can get it propped open with something." 

(Y/n) didn't bother looking at what Ellie was looking at and grabbed the chain on the other side. "There's some pretty gnarly stuff in here." "Ellie!" Joel called out getting Ellie back on track. "Right." She said and helped (Y/n) Hold the chain to let Joel pass through. Joel eased the door back closed and turned to see what Ellie was talking about. Bodies upon bodies. "Fucking hunters. See, this could've been us." 

"Man, that is a lot of people that didn't make it." 

"I knew I should've turned the damn truck around." 

"We lived."

"Barely. C'mon, let's get out of here." 

~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n's P.O.V)

"Oh shit, get down, get down." Joel urged us to get in cover from the people who just drove up to the people who seemed to be running away from them that they just shot. "What do we do?" Ellie asked. "There's nothing we can do." I said as we listened to what was happening just in front of us. "No..." The lady said but there was another gun shot. 

"Busy couple of days, huh?" They started talking to each other. "Whatever, man." 

"Damn. No food. Old pair of shoes. They got nothing. Let's go." They got back in their vehicle and drove off. "Oh man..." Ellie let out a sigh. "There ain't nothing we coulda done." Joel said as he stood up. "I know. It's just... Oh man." 

"Let's just get to that bridge." I said as I got up as well only stumbling a little bit from the amount of blood I've lost. "You good?" I nodded at Ellie's question. "I'll make it." "You sure, we can stop to patch you up." I shook my head as I began following Joel. "If we stop now there's a chance we can get caught."