the invite | 02

FRIDAY MORNING_____

FRIDAY MORNING
_____

     Tyler sighed, his body deflating as he exhaled. It took everything in him not to throw on clothes and search for his friends, but he couldn't leave the kids behind.

They'd only been in town for a few days, despite all his searching, he didn't find them, just smells that reminded him of them.

So, he shook the thought from his head.

The cool shingles from the rooftop chilled his bottom pleasantly, the cold reminding him that he was still alive, despite the hole in his chest where his friends resides.

Sitting there in just his boxers, Tyler watched the leaves of the trees sway in the wind in the sun from the roof. He'd only been awake for about thirty minutes, just gazing at the beauty within the apocalypse.

The brightness of the sun gave the green of the leaves a dewy glow.

A knock sounded from within the room, making Tyler's ears perk up and his body stiffening.

"Tyler? Come downstairs, I made breakfast," Gabriella's voice called, making Tyler relaxed his stiffened body as he nodded.

"I'll be in there in a sec," he called back, breathing in the scent of cooking food and the spring air.

Not wasting anymore time, Tyler slinked back into the bedroom, closing the window behind him as he picked a pair of jeans from the floor along with a t-shirt.

Once he was dressed, he made his way downstairs, joining the twins, Jaiyon, as they ate beans and potato chips for breakfast.

_____

Meanwhile, Armani and Joey sat in the living room of the house they broke into the night before. After killing the two survivors inside—in self-defense—the two decided to camp there for a while. Well, it was more of Armani's idea than anyone else's.

He felt such a strange pull to this town that he hadn't wanted to leave just yet.

Over the course of the apocalypse, Armani and Joey became travel buddies in a sense. Joey would come in and out of Armani's life at random times.

Sometimes he'd stay for a week, sometimes he'd stay for a night, it was never the same.

He even brought Armani food sometimes from a local store, or from a survivor he lifted it from.

Armani didn't like killing the poor scrambling humans around him, so, he only ate once every couple of weeks until the hunger got too much for him.