Chapter 03

James and Janna lost track of what they were doing. They just grabbed on tight onto their letters and landed on the ground, left their brooms there, and ran inside as fast as their feet could carry them.

     "WE GOT OUR LETTERS!"

     "THE LETTERS! THEY'RE HERE!"

     James and Jenna yelled at the same time as they rushed into the living room. Mrs. Potter let out a loud gasp from happiness and placed a hand over her heart, watching them walk forward as they each held onto a letter.

     Meanwhile Mr. Potter, who was sitting on the couch as he was examining his wand, let out a yelp and jumped up to his feet in surprise, accidentally giving his wand an unwanted flick in the process and suddenly setting the couch on fire.

     "AARGH!" Mr. Potter yelled, looking down at the couch on flames in horror with wide eyes.

      "Oh, for Godric's sake!" Mrs. Potter shook her head at him, rolling her eyes. She then briskly took out her own wand and put out the fire, because her husband seemed too in shock to do anything about it.

     But despite the mayhem which had fallen upon their living room that afternoon, the four had never been seen happier. They of course knew that this day was coming, but ever since the twins had celebrated their eleventh birthday a few months back, they've been counting the days for this occasion.

     "WE'RE GOING TO HOGWARTS!" Jenna yelled out again, her hair changing from orange to yellow and from yellow back to orange from excitement and happiness.

     James always used to tease his sister about her hair and say how she looked like a chameleon whenever she got emotional, but he was too excited at the moment to say anything about the matter or to make a joke.

     "Well, what are you two waiting for!" Mrs. Potter said cheerfully. "Go ahead. Open up your letters!"

     With mischievous glimmers in their eyes, James and Jenna quickly opened up their envelopes. The envelopes were thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, the address behind them were written in emerald-green ink, and there was a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H.

      With a wide smile on her lips, Jenna started reading through her letter with her heart pounding excitedly in her chest,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards )

Dear Miss Potter,

     We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

     Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

     Mrs. Potter was now standing next to James and Mr. Potter beside Jenna as they read through the letters as well, a smile tucking at their lips.

     "Oh, this is the proudest day of my life!" Mr. Potter cried out loudly and he let out a little sniff as his eyes filled up with tears.

     "Oh, don't cry, old man." Mrs. Potter rolled her eyes at him playfully.