Chapter 09

"I'll go first to take care of them on the other side," Fleamont sugggested to his wife, before turning to look down at the twins. "Here, watch me closely. Passing the barrier is really easy if you focus."

      Mr. Potter then grabbed onto James's cart and made a run toward the wall between platform 9 and 10. Jenna winced when her father neared the brick wall, but she let out a sigh of relief when he passed right through it without any difficulties.

     "Okay, you kids go next. I'll bring your cart, Jenna," said Mrs. Potter.

     But she groaned the next moment when the twins started their usual argument about who got to go first.

     Jenna had made a step forward, but James grabbed onto her sleeve, dragging her back with a frown.

     "What do you think you're doing?" He raised a brow at his sisters. "I'm going first."

    "Why you!?" Jenna argued, her eyebrows knitting together.

     "Because I'm older!"

     "Only eleven minutes!"

     "Kids, kids!" Mrs. Potter rushed forward, trying to separate them before they could start fighting in the middle of the station. "It doesn't matter who goes first!"

     "Yes, it does!" James and Jenna said together in sync, glaring at each other afterward.

     Mrs. Potter sighed again, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Fine. Just go at the same time. But be careful."

     The twins nodded with excitement as they walked forward, standing beside each other and facing the wall.

     "Race you there?" James whispered, smirking at her sideways.

     Jenna grinned back challengingly. "You're on."

     And then, they both made a run toward the barrier, closing their eyes as they neared it. For a split second, Jenna feared that she might hit the solid wall, but she never did. They kept running, passing through the barrier.

      But Jenna let out a gasp and her eyes shot open when she bumped into someone. Opening her eyes, she saw a grim-looking boy, turning sharply to look back at her.

     "Watch it!" he snapped, and with one last glare at her direction, he moved toward the train.

     "Stupid git!" James snarled as his glance followed the boy. He then took his wand out of his pocket and started to go after him, but Jenna caught his arm and held him back.

    "What do you think you're doing!?" Jenna hissed at her brother.

     "Teaching someone some manners," James said with a grin.

     "You don't know any spells!" Jenna retorted. "What are you gonna do? Throw sparks at him?"

     "No," James started a fake sweet smile, "but if it comes to the worst, I could always shove this up his —"

     "What took you guys so long?" They were cut off by Mr. Potter, who was now walking toward them. "C'mon, you two. Move out of the way."

    That was then Jenna finally looked around her, her mouth falling slightly open as she found herself in platform 9 3/4 and paid attention to her surroundings.