Chapter 1.

"Mom! Dad! Look what I painted!"My 16 year old sister, Yvett cried out.

"What honey?! Let me see!"my mother asked pushing past me roughly to go over to Yvett, who was holding a canvas in her hand.

My father followed giving me a disgusted look.

Ok. I think it's time to tell you what's going on.

My family are werewolves. My parents are the Alpha and Luna.

I have a younger sister Yvett and a twin brother who was younger then me by 5 minutes called Adam.

Yvett is 16 and her wolf is a dark brown colour, my brother is 17 and his wolf is a sandy brown colour.

I'm Elektra, I'm 17 and my wolf is colourful. I called my wolf Nina. Nina looks like a rainbow with all the different, vibrant colours.

I shifted when I was 15. Usually werewolves shifted at the age of 16.

It surprised me that I shifted at the age of 15, but what surprised me even more was that my wolf was colourful. I decided not to tell anyone because if I did then I would have been sent to the strongest pack's Alpha's son which is the Blue Moon pack and I would have been made to mate with him and carry his pups, bring them up, and when the youngest pup is 16 I was to be killed.

I wanted to find my mate and have pups with him. I didn't want to be forced into mating with someone who isn't my mate. So I pretended like I haven't shifted. I told my parents and everyone.

And in the meantime sprayed myself with a spray to hide my wolf's scent to make me smell like a human.

My friends left me and bullied me. My parents nearly made me a slave, who anyone can abuse and rape just because of how angry and disgusted they were in me. They told me that I was a disgrace to the family. I however begged them to wait until I was 17 years old. I told them that maybe I was a late bloomer. They decided that they would wait but they didn't treat me like they did before.

I was confused as to why my wolf was 'the rainbow wolf ',when the rainbow wolf was supposed to be born 500 years ago on February 2nd.

I pondered on it when Nina told me that the prophecy was wrong. The prophecy held the wrong date. The prophecy was fulfilled the moment I was born.

I am the rainbow werewolf who is supposed to be the bearer of the strongest pups ever who will rule over the werewolf species.

But I won't be forced to mate with someone who isn't my mate. I am my mate's. Whoever he may be. And only his.

My mother and father looked at what she painted and my mother's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. My father? It looked like he was going to explode.

"YVETT! HOW MAY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A RAINBOW WEREWOLF!? THE PROPHECY WAS WRONG!" he bellowed, his alpha tone was seeping through making everyone flinch. His tone did not affect me. Ever since I shifted. I was much more powerful then him but I pretended to flinch since I was supposed to be the weakest link in the family who hasn't shifted yet.

My father roughly pushed me asside as he stormed up to his office/study.

My mother made her way up to her bedroom but not before slapping me and taking her anger out on me. Her nails slashed seeply into my skin but she didn't mind. She too stormed off.

Yvett was looking at me and I felt a tingle in my cheek, telling me that I healed. Oh shit. My eyes snapped to Yvett who was staring at me surprised.

"H-how y-you haven't shifted."she stuttered.

I walked over to her and said,"I'll tell you if you show me your painting.

She nodded and showed me the painting. I gasped when my eyes settled on the wolf before me.

A wolf with fur resembling a rainbow. It stood proudly with it's head held high. It's eyes were vibrant green, like mine. It looked breathtaking.

I looked at Yvett, tears threatening to escape.

"It's... beautiful"i whispered.

The wolf looked so much like Nina.

"Really?"Yvett asked

"Yes."I whispered.

"Thank you. Have it." Yvett sighed greatfully

"Thanks."I said and took the canvas from her

Putting it in my room

"Come with me. I'll show you something.

Yvett cocked her head to the side and nodded.

After 5 minutes of running at werewolf speed we arrived at the little waterfal where I usually come when I'm sad.

Yvett's eyes were wide with wonder and awe.

"Yvett. Promise me that whatever you see next you will not run, you will not tell anyone, you will keep a secret until I tell you otherwise and you wont hate me. ok? Please?"I begged.

"I promise" Yvett promised and stared at me intently.

I sighed and willed myself to shift into my rainbow coloured wolf.

As soon as Yvett we her eyes went wide, she gasped and looked petrified.

Suddenly she took me by surprise and bowed deeply before me.

"Alpha Elektra. Your wish is my command."she said with great respect.

'Stand up Yvett. You're my sister. You don't need to bow down before me unless I use my alpha command on you.'

Yvett stood up carefully and cried out a cry full of pain and hugged me. Nina was as tall as Yvett and Yvett was pretty tall. Yvett was 5 foot 5 whilst me in human for was 5 foor 6.

"You can't turn yourself in. You can't die. You're my sister. My best friend. The only one who understands me. You can't."she sobbed

I rubbed my head against her and placed a paw on her back careful not to scratch her.

'I won't. I will be with you till you are 18. Then I will turn rouge.'

"What's your wolf's name?"Yvett asked pulling away from me.

'Nina'

"Hi Nina. You look extravagant."Yvett complemented

"Thank you Yvett." Nina said out loud.

Yvett gasped,"You can speak in wolf form?"

"I can. Elektra can't. Perks of being a rainbow wolf huh?"Nina joked

Yvett giggled and said, "I will not tell anyone but you have to promise me Nina that you won't let Elektea turn herself in. No matter how much it hurts her.

"Me and Elektra decided anyone who sees me will see me the first and last time. For that person would die.

"What?"Yvett asked

"Those who are my enemies and attack me or anyone I care for will see my me first and last because I will kill them. Hence the reason Elektra would shift."Nina explained

"Oh."Yvett said

"See you soon. Yvett."Nina said and I shifted back into my human form.

Fortunately my clothes didn't rip when I shifted.

"Let's go home Yvett."

"When will you tell Adam?"Yvett asked

"When the time is right. "Was my only reply. Only because I didn't know how to tell him.

-Anita_Kocsis