An Accident in Potions

Chapter 2

*Draco POV*

As we made our way out of the crowded train, I spotted a certain green-eyed boy out of the corner of my eye.

The Weasly boy and Granger girl were tagging along with him as always, and I felt a bit jealous that it was them by his side and not me.

But it was my fault things were like that in the first place, so I had no right to complain.

He must have noticed me staring, because he looked at me dead in the eyes and gave me a glare.

At first I was shocked, wondering what I had did to deserve the glare, but then I remembered that thats how things were between the two of us, so I gave him a glare in return.

But god, a part of me just wanted to tell him how sorry I was for all the absolute hell I put him and his friends through over the years, and tell him how I had had a crush on him as well. But I pushed those dangerous thoughts into the back of my head and left them there, not wanting to make a fool of myself.

Harry turned back around and walked up to Hagrid with a smile on his face, probably telling the giant of a man all the things he was looking foward to this year.

I sighed and stoped staring once I noticed my four friend staring at me and snickering.

"What! Its not funny okay!" I flustered, embarrassed I had been caught staring at my crush.

"Your just so cute! Honestly, you really should tell him." Pansy teased, nudging me in the stomach a bit.

"Ugh, whatever."

I had heard this so many times already, but no matter how I thought of it, I knew Harry would reject me, and the fear of being rejected was just too much.

Crabbe's voice brought my attention away from my thoughts, and back into reality.

"Carriage is here."

The carriage pulled up, and we all got onboard.

I listened and laughed as Crabbe told everyone about how he had nearly shitted himself when he woke up and saw Goyle sneaking into the school kitchens last year.

And it went on like that, everyone sharing storys about our past years at Hogwarts, until the carriage stopped and we got off, finnaly in front of the massive castle doors.

The doors swung open and the chatter picked up, students making there way inside and looking around at the familar place.

We entered the great hall and sat down at our house tables, and quited down when Dumbledore stood up to give a speech.

Of course, I payed no attention to the man, and found myself staring at Harry instead.

I know the possibilitys of me ever dating him were 0, but that doesn't mean I can't admire him.

Although, looking at him from afar, makes me wonder how much better he'd look up close...

"Draco!"

"Huh?" I snapped out of it, looking over at Pansy.

"I was asking if you were going to eat or not."

I looked at the plates and plates of food infront of me and realized dinner had been served.

"Oh, yeah I am."

I started filling up my plate with food, picking at it here and there.

I wasn't feeling particularly hungry that night, so I decided it'd be better to just listen to everyone talk and just zone out until dinner was over.