Chapter 1

You are an eligible young lady of wealth. Your beauty is rumored among the city's nobility, but your parents have had forbidden you any contact with them or the town's socialites. Your best friend is Cyan, he is 21 years old and stupidly handsome. He has jet black hair and ice-blue eyes. Too bad, he's your stupid watchdog and loves nothing more than teasing you. Next week is your debutante appearance to everyone of any social standing. There will be a lavish party with everyone of any importance in attendance!

You hope to find a most beautiful husband after making an excellent appearance.

"One more week Cyaaaan!" You beam down at the tall boy in the grass of your mansions garden. A strand of his black hair is between your fingertips, and you are currently focusing on braiding flowers into his hair. He has his arms positioned under his neck and lazily stares up into your eyes.

You flash your pearly whites at him and flutter your eyelashes "seven days! Cyan, can you believe it?!"

He grunts sarcastically, "No, I can't wait to see you in a dress and being prodded by your parents to find a husband."

"Cyaaan! That's not what it's about!" You pout and shove his shoulder. He grabs your wrist and pulls you down, so you are both lying on the grass. His eyes are locked into yours, and you feel your heart flutter.

"I know, I'm just teasing you." He chuckles and releases your wrist.

"I believe you get off of it!" You pout at him and shove his shoulder again.

"You're so charming when you're angry." He grins and sits up. You sit up and shove at his chest.

"I am not!" You sulk and cross your arms.

"Are too!" He grins and grabs your wrists, pulling you forward, so your chest is against his.

"I am not!" You repeat, embarrassed by your close proximity to him.

"Are too!" He repeats, grinning.

"See, look at your face! Are you getting excited from seeing me suffer?" You tease him, smirking.

"Maybe." He shrugs, and you shove him away from you.

"You're such a pervert!" You shove him away again. "Disgusting!" You exclaim loudly as you jump up onto your feet and fix your dress "I cannot believe my parents believe you to be an upright young gentleman protecting my poor innocent soul!" You fumble with some grass pieces that stick to your dress "meanwhile, you've been telling me every vulgar thing in existence..." You trail off and look up at him. He's staring at you with a blank expression, his eyes glazed over.

"Cyan?" You ask, troubled.

"You have a little piece of grass on your butt, it's driving me crazy." He says monotonously.

"Cyan! Snap out of it!" You shove him again, harder this time.

He keeps his eyes half-closed as he lifts his hand to remove it. You blush, but let him do so; you do not want any grass stains on your dress!

"There, happy?" You ask, he nods.

"Yes, thank you." He smiles and tucks a strand of your tresses behind your ear.

You blush and turn away from him. "You're welcome."

He chuckles and stands up, offering his hand to you. You grasp it, and he pulls you up. You look at him and babble to ask excitedly.

"Cyan, have you decided on what you are going to wear to the party?!"

"I think a black suit with a red tie."