Chapter 5

You find yourself in the middle of a large room with a giant table in the center. You are seated at one end, and everyone else is standing behind their chairs. You look around and see that everyone is glaring at you. You look down at the table and see a large book in front of you.

Oh shit.

It's your diary.

You smile nervously.

"Um..."

They all start screaming at you.

You cringe and cover your ears.

"Nooo!" You scream as you close your eyes and wave your arms to make them go away. The movement makes your body lose control, and you fall to the floor with a thump of your butt.

You open your eyes and see that you are in a different room. One you've never seen before yesterday. You blink at the lavish bird paintings on the walls and the golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

You startle when you hear a familiar voice.

"I see you've awoken."

You turn your head and find yourself staring at a man with a black top hat, black coat and pants, and a white frilly shirt.

You can't see his face as it is covered by the shadow of the hat.

Strange, why is Cyan here?

Wait...

Why are you here?

You look down and find that you are wearing the same clothes you were yesterday.

Where is here?!

For a blissful moment, you feel groggy and confused about where you are before you remember and begin to cringe with a moan.

A moan of guilt

and regret

and shame

and embarrassment

and despair

and...

"Stop it."

Cyan cuts in, and you stop the whimpering noise you were making without realizing it.

You blink at him,

"How...?"

"I can read your mind." He says simply, and you cringe even more.

You look over at him and see that he is holding a tray with a teapot and two cups on it. He walks over to you and offers you a cup. You reach out and take it from him before looking away.

"Drink." He commands, and you obey. You keep your eyes averted as your blush deepens. You hear him chuckle as you take a sip of the tea. You nervously meet his gaze at the sound of that chuckle.

Oh, you are so dead.

He smiles at you. "I'm not mad at you. I'm not mad about anything. I just wanted to see your reaction."

You frown at him, "I don't understand."

He smiles wider and sits down next to you on the floor, "You will in time." He says cryptically. You frown but decide not to question it. You take another sip of the tea and look around the room again.

"So, where are we?" you ask, fearing that you know the answer already.

"Dandy Heath's mansion Vanya.

Oh, gods, no...

"You slept at the eligible Duke's estate a day before your societal debut as a suitable young potential wife - well, I mean, that was before you escaped through your window and pranced giggling through the city barefooted in an expensive red dress. The Thorn heiress that no one has been allowed to glimpse since her teens - skipping happily to the largest and most popular park!"