The Fisher King: Part 2 (S2E1)

When Lydia got back to the conference room, Spencer was the only one there. He stood directly in front of the whiteboard, murmuring to himself. He'd written 'Possible Book Titles' across the top, but so far had nothing listed.

"The rest of the team leave you to figure this out on your own?" she asked.

He startled slightly, not having heard her walk in. "Um, JJ and Morgan are going to interview Rebecca Bryant's parents... and Hotch and Gideon are interviewing the guy who brought the numbers to Haley."

"Someone found him?"

"He turned himself in," Spencer explained. "So, now it's just me and the evidence boards."

"Now it's us and the evidence boards," she corrected. She sat down and picked up the medication bottle from the table. "Sorry I stormed out."

"Sorry you were so stressed," he mumbled. "We didn't mean to push you."

"You didn't. It was important for you to know. I'm just... so done with this, you know?" She stopped herself. "Sorry, of course you do. You were on vacation when you got these weird messages. I was just home doing my schoolwork."

"Lydia, stop apologizing," he argued. "This is very stressful, we've all been here a long time, and you got a package delivered to your door. I can easily understand why that'd freak you out."

She shrugged. "I just feel like I should be able to piece together these clues the unsub's giving us and I can't."

"I know exactly what you mean," he agreed, indicating to his empty list.

She looked over the label on the bottle in her hands. There was a patient name, a doctor's name, drug, and an RX number. Prescription bottles always had more than that. They had instructions, pharmacies, manufacturers, fill dates, expiration dates.

"This number must mean something," she wondered out loud. "He didn't put any unnecessary information on it, but there's a long RX number."

"Read the number out loud," Spencer told her.

He wrote it across the board as she went. "3-1-5-1-2-1-2-5-3-2-0-1-5-1-8"

"Okay," he stepped back. "We can start with the basics. A equals 1, Z equals 26." He got to work, writing the corresponding letter underneath the number.

C-A-E-A-B-A-B-E-C-B-

He stopped at the zero. "That's definitely not a word. But some of the letters have double digits, so... let's see if we combine everything we can combine...'C' stays the same. The 1 and 5 could be fifteen, which is 'O'..." He began again.

C-O-L-L-E-C-T-O-R

"Collector?" He stepped away. "That mean anything to you?"

Lydia shook her head.

"Alright. Collector. Collecting things. He's collecting things." He snapped his fingers so sharply Lydia almost jumped. "Collector! Baseball cards, music boxes, butterflies, skeleton keys. These are all things people collect!"

"That can't be a coincidence, can it?"

He shrugged. It was basically impossible at this point to rule anything out.

"Medieval," she rambled. "Collectable things. Numerical codes. What else have we got?"

"We've got this note from the music box?" he offered. "I think I've heard it somewhere, but I can't place it... And I think the book was published in 1963."

"Why's that?"

"That's the year on the baseball card, but it's not the year Gideon went to all those games. If the unsub knows Gideon likes Nellie Fox because he went to almost all the White Sox games in 1959, why give him a '63 card?"