Nine • Brighter Stars

•°•

"But perhaps the one thing
most should dwell on,
is wondering
what's worse:
living for eternity
or waiting for eternity."

°•°

IT WAS one of those nights

Today, they would read Jane Eyre and Remi was particularly excited about tonight for that book was a top favourite of hers.

Her heart raced as she quickly pinned her hair back after pulling on an emerald shirt and jeans. Wasting no time, she hopped out her window and jumped over the fence, dashing to their little spot.

By the time she had arrived, Julian was already waiting for her, and as she bent to catch her breath she felt the tips of her ears reddening when Julian acknowledged her with a smile.

She muttered an apology and went to sit next to him. Her heart beat faster. She didn't know why.

The duo read in silence as the stars watched in curiosity. It seemed as though the wind, too was listening for the whole atmosphere went quiet. Yes, even the crickets stopped their banter.

Remi's heart never slowed down and though she did not know, Julian felt as though his heart might beat out of his chest. Both were sitting in uncertainty, neither knowing what to expect.

And perhaps it happened when Remi dared ask what he thought of the book or when Julian truly realised just how beautiful her eyes shone under the moonlight, but neither cared although that was the moment their whole world changed.

The moment their lips met.