Thirteen • Moonstruck

•°•

"Love is what gets
you to the starting point.
Then, it depends
on you and
your other half."

°•°

IT SEEMED as though the world was being unusually nice to them

Two free classes in a row seemed awfully lucky, and while Julian was not the one to complain, it was worth thinking about.

However, he didn't dwell on it for long. After all, he had forty minutes to waste and what better way to do it than play candy crush. Remi was sleeping beside him and he didn't want to finish up his homework right now, so it was pretty much the only thing he had on his list.

Minutes passed and he finally tossed his phone on the table, frustrated at his inability to get through to the next level. The darn thing was next to impossible!

He grumbled under his breath before shifting his eyes to the clock. It was almost time for the final class. Ah, how he could not wait to go home and take a long shower-

"Hey Romeo," Eli sneered jokingly from across his seat. "Plan on drinking poison anytime soon? Looks like your dear Juliet beat you to it."

The class burst into laugher and Julian rolled his eyes, not paying any attention to Eli. Instead, he looked at the sleeping girl beside him and proceeded to lightly nudge her arm. He smiled as she groaned and turned her head, mumbling incoherent words.

"Remi?" He called, "Come on, you need to get up now. The bell's about to ring."

No response. He nudged her again, and this time, she finally woke up, tossing him a playful glare. "You could've just let the bell wake me up." She pouted, hitting his arm.

Julian laughed, pressing a light kiss to her temple. "Now where would be the fun in that?"

"Ew, get a room, you two!", Eli shouted erupting yet another chorus of laughs.

The bell rang just as Julian was about to fire a comeback, bringing an end to their needless banter.

And an end to this Moonstruck tale.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 - a romeo and juliet retelling 🎉