Out In The Open

Read On

Once they arrived home, Whis sat himself on the chair and waited for what Lord Beerus and Cookie should have done in the first place talk. Cookie remained standing in the middle room facing her father with her head down.

"Cookie I am very disappointed in you. When you first arrive you've have done nothing but pushed Bulla to the ground, opening stuff that are not yours, causing a disaster with your singing, disobeying me, for the life of me I honestly think you did something to those boys and worst of all you disrespected me"

He lectured. Cookie remain quiet as she sadly looked away.

"You know I have very little patience for those who lack respect. What do you have to say for yourself?"

He asked crossing both his arms over his chest looking down at his daughter.

"You didn't want me, you never wanted me, I was just your priority"

She said quietly. Lord Beerus rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"You have always been my...."

"LIAR!"

Cookie shouted cutting her father off.

"You have done nothing but belittle me when I first arrived. You pushed me away as if you didn't want me, like I was just in your way. You don't want me anymore, is that it?"

She asked in the verge of tears. Lord Beerus was shock to hear these words coming from his daughter.

"Cookie..."

"Do you want to send me away again?"

Lord Beerus frown at her.

"Don't be ridiculous, that was the last thing I ever wanted to do to you."

"Then why do you push me away?"

She cried as the tears finally fell.

"I never pushed..."

"But you did and it hurts"

She said before burying her face into her hands. Lord Beerus frown in thought and looked to Whis.

"Have I been pushing her away?"

He asked quietly. Whis closed his eyes and nodded.

"From what I seen my Lord, when she arrived she ran to hug you but never hugged back. Bulla tried taking the glasses off of Cookie but she panic and pushed Bulla away, that's when you scolded her. As for the birthday present, my Lord, you have to understand and see it through Cookie's eyes, she never had a birthday party or a present because she was sent away and you never sent her one. She wanted to open a present because for once she wanted a present"

Whis explained. Lord Beerus frown in thought but was cut off by his daughter who was rubbing her eyes.

"As for the singing, I forgot about the death song but it was because it was in the moment, everyone was singing and I felt like it was for me. You know like a welcoming home party. As for the boys, I did cause them their death but they had it coming, they called me a pet. I never meant to disrespect you Daddy, but you pushed me aside. For once in a long time, I wanted you to be proud of me"

"I have always been proud of you"

"No you weren't, you never were."

Lord Beerus got down on his knee to look to his daughter as he grabbed her hands in his.

"How can you say such a thing? When you were gone all I wanted was for to have you back"

"But instead you replaced me with that Bulla girl"

"What? Bulla isn't your replacement"

"Oh yeah, well when was the last time you gave me a hug, when was the last time you actually talk to me without scolding me or lecturing me or even hitting me, when was the last time you said I missed you"

She cried.

"Cookie, how do you think I feel? You called Goku 'Dad' it was like if you were replacing me"

"I was never replacing you, he took your place. He gave me encouragement like I actually meant something, he gave me pointers, he gave me hope, he gave me strength in myself to be proud of who I am, he gave me... love, fatherly type"

Lord Beerus remain quiet as he stood up and released her hands.

"Is that what you want? Love?"

Cookie looked up to her father.

"You only said you love me through the screen but before I left you didn't say you love me and when I first arrived you just brushed me away, all I wanted was to have a moment to enjoy your presence for the first time in forever. You missed my birthdays"

She said as she bowed her head and cried. Lord Beerus remain quiet as he watched her cry, he then closed his eyes and turn his back to her.

"Go to your room"

Cookie gasp as she looked to her father.

"What?"

"You remember where you room is correct?"

"Y-yeah"

"Then go"

Without another word Cookie left the room. Lord Beerus let out a sigh as he opened his eyes. Whis took that as his cue to understand what is going through the God of Destruction's mind.

"Lord Beerus..."

"She shows too much emotions. It makes her look weak"

"That's because she is still a child, my Lord. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing"

"Out with it Lord Beerus, I know you are thinking of something"

"For once I don't know what to do, I don't know what she wants"

Whis let out a sigh.

"Weren't you listening? She said it loud and clear, she wants love"

"How do I show it?"

"The same way you give Bulla attention, instead give it to Cookie"

Lord Beerus thought for a moment and turn to face Whis with a smirk.

"I got it. Whis we are going to need balloons, lots and lots of balloons"

*3hrs Later*

Lord Beerus walked up to Cookie's room and step inside to see her laying on her stomach as her tail lazily sway on the edge of the bed.

"Cookie?"

But Cookie remained silent.

"Come on Cookie"

He said as he lift her up and embrace her. Cookie slowly lift up her head to her father.

"I want to show you something"

He said as he carried her outside the palace. Cookie happily gasp.

To be continued...