6. Really Good News

About almost a couple of months later, I was in the middle of delivering lunch from room to room when someone said that I had a guest waiting for me in Marrie's office. So, I went straight to the said room and found Marrie talking to a man on her sofa.

The two turned to me when I stepped in. I almost wet my pants.

"Ah, there she is," Marrie said. "This is Roman. She's our new addition. She used to be a volunteer and she's one of the closest ones to your granddaughter."

Bruce Wayne and I exchanged smiles and handshakes.

"Pleasure to see you, sir," I said.

"Pleasure to see you, too," Bruce answered.

"What's going on here?" I asked as I sat myself down on the empty seat.

"Mr. Wayne brought us a really good news," Marrie smiled.

"Right, right," Bruce Wayne supported.

That startled me even more.

"At first, I was planning to invite the seniors to my annual winter gala where we usually do fundraising. However, I realized that we'll have a problem with that," Bruce explained. "So, I'll just move the gala here."

"Oh, wow," I smiled.

Immediately, I could picture the ladies and gentlemen dressing up in nice clothing. Most of the ladies would be wearing jewelry that would be their inheritance, I believed. The gentlemen would be asking us to wash their ties and laundry their suits. The ladies and gentlemen would be slow dancing in wheelchairs, asking random volunteers and caregivers to dance with them.

They'd be laughing. They'd be forgetting that they were old. Then, they'd have backpain in the morning.

I would love to see that.

"I know," Marrie cheered. "So, as a volunteer, you always have been very helpful with all the events we have. Now, that you work here, I feel like you should take charge in this one."

Oh, no. Wait... Oh, no.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course," Marrie nodded.

"Well, I'll be honored," I said.

Dammit, Romania.

"Let's talk about it, then," Bruce responded.

We spent about the next half an hour talking about this mini gala. Well, I concluded it as a mini gala for Mr. Wayne here because the event shrunk from his usual scale.

The challenge would be that this gala would take place next week, on the new year's eve. So, I felt like, I would just get the volunteers to participate on this event because I didn't want the main caregivers to split their attention. Marrie agreed to that.

Soon, we had an agreement and a solid plan. Later, Marrie had me delivering Mr. Wayne to where he parked. It went awkward the second he asked,

"I'm sorry, but, we've met, right, Roman?" Bruce asked.

"We did briefly. It was Rachel Grayson's birthday," I answered.

"Ah, I see. You're the one my son was flirting with," Bruce concluded.

"Oh, he wasn't flirting at all, Mr. Wayne," I chuckled awkwardly.

"He seems to like you," Bruce responded.

"He's being polite, as an example to his daughter," I awkwardly denied.

We arrived to the front of his fancy car.