11. Goodnight

Wishing the readers a good day and night.

***

"Rachel, I'm home," Dick chanted. "Guess what I got?"

A little running footsteps came audible. Soon, Rachel showed up and looked at Dick before looking at me.

"Roman!" Rachel greeted and came at me.

"Hi, sweetie," I greeted as I knelt down and let Rachel hugged me.

"Can I go home now so I can do my homework?" a voice said in the background.

Looking up, I saw Damian Wayne walking towards the room we were in.

No, we weren't at the Wayne Manor, thankfully. Dick rarely left Rachel in the manor and preferred her to stay in their apartment. However, sometimes his work stole him from his daughter so he had to ask his siblings to babysit her until he came home.

"Sure," Dick said.

Rachel and I released each other.

"Does it mean we can bake cookies now?" Rachel asked sheepishly.

"Have you done your homework?" Dick asked.

"I have," Rachel said.

"No, she hasn't," Damian piled.

Rachel looked guilty.

"But, Roman's here," Rachel reasoned.

I chuckled, "Let's do your homework first."

"It's so hard," Rachel whined. "It's math."

"Oh, I believe you can tackle anything," I encouraged. "Should we do it now?"

Rachel hesitated, but, in the end saying, "Fine."

To that, I got Rachel dragging me to one of the rooms while I could only have the chance to give the boys an awkward smile while she did that.

Long story short, I helped Rachel did her math homework. Then, came the promised thing. Dick didn't even try to talk her out of baking cookies after the sun went down. In fact, he even offered to help, which Rachel refused because she said that she didn't want him to disturb her 'girls night'.

I almost felt bad because it seemed like I stole his daughter. Yet, he technically stole me from my sister, so... I took it that he got it all tied.

"Roman, have you heard of coral bleaching?" Rachel asked once we had to wait for the cookies to bake in the oven.

"I have. Those are big words. How do you know about them?" I responded.

"I saw it in one of the books in the library, but, there's not much pictures in it and there are too many words and I got tired, but, I don't understand it, so, I watch it on Netflix with uncle Damian and it was awful," Rachel rambled.

"Oh, no. Tell me more about it," I said.

"So, the temperature is getting hot in our planet and then the ocean temperature is getting hot, too, then the corals can't live in hot water, it turns white, but, if it's white it's going to die," Rachel explained as if she had a hot degree of it.

"That is awful," I gasped.

"I know. If the corals die, the fish have nowhere to live," Rachel sadly said.

"Oh, no," I frowned.

"Yeah, that's why I want to be a volunteer," Rachel proudly said.

"A volunteer?" I repeated.