Part 1

I have my eyes glued to my phone, maneuvering through my school's hallway, avoiding the crowds of students who stand socializing, whispering, and bothering those that try to leave the building.

"What is going on?" Hannah, my best friend of childhood, asks. We are surprised to come across a populated hall as we leave our final class for the day. "I don't know, but go through there," I say, directing her through the crowd.

A majority of scholars that block the hallway are females. They nudge at each other, squealing about who knows what. "Could you move?" I roll my eyes at the girls who block my only way out. Since they are too busy minding about somebody else's business, I force my way out, pushing through.

When I finally exit the building, I bump into a male student whose face was unfamiliar and rather new. He didn't seem to care that I bumped into him at first glance, but then he glared in my direction, almost with an attitude. Knowing that I don't tolerate an ounce of disrespect, I roll my eyes and flip him off.

"You're so hostile," Hannah nudges my arm as a result of my actions. "He should have been watching where he was walking," I shrug, not caring much about it. "He shouldn't have looked at me like that either,"

"And where do you think you're going?" Jongin asks as he approaches Hannah and me from behind. "Don't you have better things to do than watch her all the time?" Hannah retorts.

"She's my girlfriend. What do you expect?" Jongin answers, seizing my hand.

"Oh, please. You wish," Hannah rolls her eyes. "Anyway, I'll catch up with you later," She says, walking off a different way.

"Girlfriend? I told you to stop telling people that we're dating," I tap his chest, shaking my head and letting his hand go. "Babe, come on. We're official," "Official?" I question, turning around to face him. "Jongin, what is so official about us? Hm?" He shrugs in response. "I've known you since we were in grade school. You and I--"

"Have sex?" I interrupt, knowing that he would bring it up. "Well, yeah. We're intimate and do things that couples do. Why can't you accept that?"

"I'm not emotionally attracted to you. I've mentioned it a few times before. I'm here for you if you need me, and vise versa, but I can't date you when I don't feel anything," Jongin sighs. "I'm going to change your mind," He says confidently, sliding his hand into mine, leading me into his home.

Jongin and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. When we were in grade school, he developed feelings and confessed, but we agreed to be friends with benefits since I didn't share mutual emotions. I am not big on dating, but he's always been there for me.

At his house, Jongin was determined to win my heart. Whenever he wants to conquer my emotions, he brings his innermost, sensual self to dominate me under the sheets. The things about this technique are that although it works for me sexually, it distances me away from him emotionally, and he doesn't seem to realize it.

Speaking satisfactorily, he pleases me like no other. Jongin and I go to each other for certain qualities that we can't find in others. However, I don't think we could ever date.

See, Jongin is fantastic. He's sweet, gentle, and genuine with his feelings, but something about him being too soft for me is the problem. I want someone who's not afraid to put me in my place whenever they have to—a guy who can be difficult but love me unconditionally.

"Jongin, don't just sit there," I say, throwing him his clothes from the floor. "Get dressed," I demanded, hooking my bra. "You're leaving already?" He groaned. "What about round two? We always go again," Jongin pouts, reaching for my arm.

"I have to study, but I'll see you at school tomorrow,"

"Let me pick you up," He says, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "Please," He insists, pecking my lips multiple times. Honestly, it made my heart flutter. His sudden actions surprised me.

"Jongin," I whine, creating distance between us, blushing. "Come on, baby. Let me pick you up for class," Jongin persists, pressing his thick, full lips onto mine.

"Fine," I give in to the kiss as it becomes deep and passionate. Hesitantly, giving Jongin what he wants, round two. "Stop," I chuckle as he snakes his hands up my sides, grasping one of my ass cheeks firmly, holding my jaw with the other. "I love you," He says into the kiss, but I brush it off.

"Jongin--"

"Why are you in denial?"

"I don't want to talk about this," I answer, wiping my lip. "When are we going to sit down and confront our feelings for each other?" Jongin questions, scanning my face for an answer. "I need to know if we're going somewhere. You're more than just sex to me. You know this,"

"I already told you--"

"Can you think about it, at least? It doesn't have to be now, but whenever you come up with an answer," I could tell that Jongin was growing upset with the topic. Whenever feelings get involved, his eyes become sad, and his tone lowers almost as if he's whining, and he's sentimental.

"I will," I almost hesitate.

Although Jongin and I are as close as we can get, I'm unaware of how things would turn out if we were an actual couple. I know what you're thinking. How can I feel indifferent when we share intimacy, kiss, and already act like a couple? The truth is, I may or have not felt something for him at one point in time. Sometimes, I feel as if I am truly in denial of feelings. but why would I do that to him?

Perhaps, he's too good for me? That would be complete nonsense. Jongin is indeed miraculous, and he proves himself worthy enough to be my man. However, something tells me that labeling my relationship with him isn't such a good idea. Could it be my conscience, or is my heart trying to avoid another heartbreak?

To Be Continued