Part 3

"Are you sure that you want to do this? You could move in with me instead," Jongin says, loading my last box onto his truck. "Quit it already. It's going to be fun," At least I hope so. Maybe if I continue to tell myself that it will be an adventure, I might convince myself.

"Well, if you say so," He shrugs before taking me to my new shared apartment. Lucky for me, the place comes with a few pieces of furniture. Fortunately, this saves time and money.

Jongin is kind enough to help me move in, carry boxes and unpack too. Although he disagrees with the idea of moving in with a stranger, he manages to support me.

I found out who I was sharing an apartment with yesterday, but I still know nothing about this Min Yoonji chick. I expected to see her by now, but I guess she's busy doing other things. "Do you think that she'll like me?" I question as I organize my room neatly. "I'm sure you'll get along fine. Besides, who doesn't like you?" Jongin is too sweet sometimes.

"I hope so,"

After what felt like an eternity, Jongin and I finished organizing my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. Every corner and crevice is spotless in this cute apartment. As far as space goes, the apartment is more significant than I had expected. The bedrooms are spacious, leaving enough room to dillydally around.

"If I were your housemate, I would be more than satisfied living here," Jongin says, running his fingers over the clean marble countertop. "Look at how big that television is. You have a game system and everything," He says, pointing at the living room. "It even smells fresh and sanitary. I'm jealous," Jongin shakes his head, pulling me into an embrace.

"If we lived together, the place would look like this," I tell him, later regretting it. "So, why not move in together?" Conversations like this annoyed me to a certain extent. "I already told you, Jongin. You're making me repeat myself, and I'm tired of it," He sighs. "I'm sorry, but I can't help it. This girl is about to live my dream," He pouts, puckering his lips.

"Remember that quickie we never had?" He asks playfully. "You are something else. I'm not going to have sex in my shared apartment on the first day," I roll my eyes. "We're going to be in your room. It shouldn't bother her,"

"Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't like the idea," I tell him. "And why is that?" "Because you're kind of loud when it comes to sex, and that would be disturbing," I laugh, bringing a smile to his lips. "I'm loud?" He questions. "I swear that I'm not," He was confused as a puppy. "You are, but that's okay," I shrug it off, not caring much about it.

Later on, Jongin leaves to hang out with his best buddy, Taemin, leaving me behind at the apartment. My housemate has yet to show up, and I am beginning to lose anticipation. Since it is my first day here, I decide to grill various meats for my housemate and me.

As expected, she didn't arrive by dinner, and I had no other choice but to take a nap. It was frustrating. Today, everyone is supposed to move in, and I'm almost sure that she's the only one who hasn't moved in yet.

I was supposed to take a nap but end up hibernating instead. During my sleep, the sound of a door shutting awoke me. Perhaps she is here? Thinking about many things, I wonder if she's eaten. I had left a nice note saying to take the rest.

Quietly, I crack my room door open to see if she was around, but by the looks of it, she is probably in her room by now. "Dang," I whisper to myself, hoping to have seen her sometime today. When I walk over to the kitchen, I notice that she took the rest of the food as I told her. It was a simple gesture, but it was enough to make me smile.

The next morning, I woke up for school. Although it was early, the apartment was quiet. Again, I expected to see my housemate, but she wasn't around then either. Honestly, it isn't enjoyable at this point. I want to meet her already.

"So, how did everything go? Did you get a chance to meet her?" Hannah asks. "I haven't seen her yet, but maybe I'll get a chance to sometime today," No matter how desperate I get, I must refrain from getting angry and losing anticipation.

"Do you think that you'll get along with her?"

"I hope so. I'd hate to share a place with someone difficult," I answer, kicking the gravel at my feet. "Whoever it is, I'm sure it will be fine." It was kind of Hannah to think positively for me. In a way, it helps me feel better about the situation.

As Hannah and I sit in our first-period classroom, I suddenly remember the asshole I have to deal with in my classes. "I hope he's not here today," I scoff. "There's going to be some serious issues if you two don't get along," Hannah mentions, opening her textbook. "Trust me. I can already smell the beef." I roll my eyes.

To my surprise, he didn't show up. He was absent in each class. It saved me from getting heated, which I suppose is a good thing. At lunch, I mentioned to Jongin that I had yet to meet my housemate, but he insisted that I be patient with the process of encountering a stranger.

When school ends for the day, I report to my apartment, a bit apprehensive. Something about meeting this stranger was odd, almost as if I wasn't yet ready to meet them. As I approach the door, getting ready to unlock it, I notice that the door is slightly open. I only hope that she didn't leave the door unlocked while she's elsewhere.

Cautiously, I enter, setting my keys down on the table quietly. Peeking around the corners, I find a book bag tossed on the sofa. She must be home. "Hello?" I call out, hoping for an answer in return, but it was oddly quiet.

"Is anybody home?" I notice that their bedroom door is wide open. I don't want to intrude, but I stand at their door, knocking faintly, waiting for a reply.

Taking a look at the room, a lot of black items capture my attention. The bedroom is clean. However, something about it is different. Compared to my room, this room seems gloomy. Not that it matters, but she might be a tomboy based on the items that I noticed.

The bathroom door is closed, but a shadow stood at the door. Suddenly, I felt more nervous than before. As the door handle rattles, I freak and move to my room. Why am I behaving like this all unexpectedly? After a pause, I conclude that I am overreacting and that I should acquaint myself.

I build up the courage to stand at their door again, knocking a bit louder, trying to peek through the door's crack. As I place my hand on the door, I scream as a hand lands on my shoulder from behind. Without hesitation, I ball my fist tightly, striking the person in the center of their face. Almost immediately, I gasp, realizing what I had done, and rush to their aid.

"Oh, my God. I am sorry! You scared me," I try telling them as she bends over, holding her nose. This situation couldn't possibly get worse. "Let me get you an ice pack," I say, running to the kitchen to grab a cold compress for her nose. "Here," I say, forcing it into their hand.

As I rub on her back, trying to lighten the situation, she stands tall, surpassing my height by a few inches. My eyes widen once I realized that it was a man rather than a woman. "Are you okay?" I ask, unaware of who he was as he hid behind the ice pack. "Listen, I'm incredibly sorry,"

"You should be," Anger was evident in the tone of his voice. "I am--" I pause as he removes the compress from his face. "You?" I was shocked at who stood before me. He faced me, raising his thick eyebrow, a mischievous smirk plastered on his lips. "What a surprise," He chuckles, wiping his nose.

I scoff fully of disgust as the new asshole from my class glances at me from head to toe. "You're Min Yoonji?" I question with my arms crossed. "You're not a girl,"

"First of all, it's Yoongi. Get it right," He corrects me. "Secondly, I don't have to be a chick to occupy a room, in case you didn't know," His attitude would soon get him punched again. "Watch your tone when you speak to me," I warn him. "What? Are you going to punch me again?" He scoffs, tossing the ice pack at me.

"Talking like that, I just might--"

"Oh, please," He rolls his eyes, walking into his room, slamming the door in my face. "And I'll do it again!" I yell, kicking the bottom of his door before entering my room.

The nerve of this guy is insanely ill-mannered. His attitude, behavior, and actions speak for themselves. How could I get paired with an asshole like him? Not only do I have to deal with him at school, but now I live with the guy and have to tolerate his bullshit too? I don't think so.

To Be Continued