Chapter 5: Feelings?

3rd Person Perspective

Y/N sat in the back seat of the car while Connor was in the passenger seat while the lieutenant drove.

The car was silent except for the music playing on the radio. None of them has said a word since the highway.

Once Hank got to his desired destination, he stopped the car and got out along with Connor, leaving Y/N alone in the car. They looked out the window and saw where they were. A street food vendor called 'Chicken Feed'.

They observed Connor as he walked over to a nearby table and Hank went up to order food.

Y/N Perspective

I out of the car and walked towards the lieutenant, standing a little behind him.

I saw that he was talking to a man. I did a quick scan on him.

AABDAR, PEDRO

Born: 01/25/2005//unemployed

Criminal Record: Illegal gambling, fraud

I see the lieutenant give him some money."Alright I'm in." "D**n straight!" He puts the money in his pocket. "Hey! You won't regret this!" And he walks away.

I take this opportunity to walk up and stood beside the lieutenant with my arms behind my back.

When he notices me, he lets out a heavy sigh. "What is your problem? Don't you ever do as your told? Look you don't have to follow me around like a poodle! If you want to follow somebody, follow Connor. He seems to like ya.

I thought about that for a moment but pushed the thought aside and turned to the lieutenant. "I'm sorry for my behavior back at the station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." The lieutenant laughs. "Oh, wow. You've even got a brown-nosing apology program. Guys at Cyberlife thought of everything, huh?"

HANK ^

"Here you go." The man named Gary gave the lieutenant his food. "Ah, thanks, Gary. I'm starving." The lieutenant starts to walk away. "Don't leave that thing here." H e retorts. "Oh, not a chance! Follows me everywhere."

I follow behind the lieutenant to the table where he and Connor are. "See..." The lieutenant mutters as he starts eating his meal.

I put my arms on the table an lean forward a little while taking a glance at Connor who is just quietly looking out at the street as cars and people go by.

I turn my gaze back at the lieutenant. "I don't mean to alarm you lieutenant , but I think your friends are engaged in illegal gambling." "Well, everybody does what they have to do to get by. As long as they're not hurting anybody, I don't bother 'em." H e shrugs.

HANK ^

"Your meal contains 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You shouldn't eat that." He shrugs again. "Everybody gotta die of something."

HANK ^

I tried think of something else to keep the conversation going. Suddenly I think about what happened highway.

"This morning, when we were chasing those deviants. Why didn't you two want me to cross the highway?" This must have caught Connor's attention because he quickly turned his head towards me. The lieutenant answered first. "Cause you could have been killed...and U don't like filling out paper work for damaged equipment." Connor looks at the lieutenant and shook his head.

I look at him wanting to hear his answer. "I agree with the FIRST part." He says with his glare still on the lieutenant.

This brought me back to my curiosity on why the lieutenant despise androids.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" He nods. "Why do you hate androids so much?" He stays silent and just looks at me for a moment. "I have my reasons." Is all he says."

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" "H*ll no...well, yeah. Why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?" "Really, dad?" Connor says with a slight chuckle. I guess he's starting to feel better.

"Cyberlife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and my voice were specifically designed to facilitate my integration." He nods. "Well, they f**ked up."

"Maybe I should tell you what we know about deviants?" "You read my mind. Proceed." I start to explain. "We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating human emotions."

"In English, please." I try to rephrase it. "They don't really feel emotion. They just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions, which can lead to unpredictable behavior." He takes a second to process everything. "Emotions always screw everything up. Maybe androids aren't as different from us as we thought." Connor looks at his father with a somewhat hopeful expression before turning to me. " Have you ever dealt with deviants before?"

My mind flashes back to the hostage situation with the deviant on the roof. "A few months back. A deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl. I managed to save her." They both just stare at me. " So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? know everything there is to know about us?"

"I know you both graduated at the top of your classes. Lieutenant, you made a name for yourself in several cases, and became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. I also know you received several disciplinary warnings in recent years. You spent a lot of time in bars." "As for you detective, I know you became the youngest person to join the force and you also made a name for yourself as a well respected detective."

"So, what's your conclusion?" The lieutenant asks. "I think working with two officers that seem to be the opposite of each other, one having...personal issues is a added challenge, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features." I winked at them causing Connor to blush and turn away.

I suddenly started blinking rapidly as my LED started blinking yellow as I had just gotten a report on a suspected deviant.

"I just got a report of a respected deviant. It's a few blocks away. We should go have a look. I'll let you two finish. I'll be in the car if you need me." I walk back to the car to wait for Connor and the lieutenant while looking over details of the suspected deviant.

3rd Person P.O.V

As Connor watched the android walk off, Hank looked over at his son as he was still looking in the direction Y/N had gone with a slight blush still present on his face.

"Oh my god." Hank grumbled. Connor's head snapped back in his father's direction at his sudden voice. "What?" "Your crushing on an android." "What? N-No I'm not!" Connor face reddens even more. "Sure." Hank said chuckling as he finished up his burger and headed to the car, leaving Connor to his thoughts.

Did he like Y/N? He couldn't have, right? He shouldn't.