Chapter 6: The Chase

"Hey, Y/N!" I open my eyes as I hear the lieutenant yell my name.

"You run out of batteries or what?" "I'm sorry. I was making a report to Cyberlife." "Oh...well you planning on staying in the elevator?" "No! I'm coming." I hear Connor let out a slight chuckle as we started walking down the hall.

"What do we know about this guy?" Connor asks. "Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his hat." I explained.

"Oh, Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops." The lieutenant complained.

"Hey, were you really making a report back there in the elevator? Just by closing your eyes?" Connor asked curiously. "Correct."

"Sh*t...wish I could do that." Connor nods in agreement. "Make things a whole lot easier."

We walked up to the door and I knocked but got no response. I knocked again but harder this time. "Anybody home?" There was only silence. "Open up! Detroit police!"

We all looked at each other as we heard a loud crash from inside.

"Stay behind us." The lieutenant told ordered me. "Got it." I went behind Connor as they both pulled out their guns.

The lieutenant kicked down the door and we slowly walked inside and looked around.

We opened another door that was straight ahead and a bunch of pigeons flew out.

"What the f**k is this?!" The lieutenant yelled. We walked inside to see the whole room filled with pigeons.

"Jesus, this place stinks." We look around to saw nobody here. "Uh, looks like we came here for nothing, our man's gone."

We still continue to search the place.

I look in the bathroom and see the walls covered with the word 'RA9' written all over it.

"Any idea what it means?" Connor comes up behind me. " 'RA9,' written 2,471 times. It's the same sign Ortiz's android wrote on the bathroom wall. Why are they obsessed with this sign?"

Connor comes up to get a closer look. "It looks like a bunch of mazes or something." He leaves out the bathroom and I continue to search.

I look down to what seems to be a stool that looks as if it's been knocked down or fell over. I go over to the sink and find a LED on the edge.

"It's LED is in the sink." I inform the two in the other room.

"Not surprised it was an android. No human could live with all these f**kin' pigeons." The lieutenant responded. I also find blue blood in the sink.

I head out and continue searching until I come across a large hole in the wall with something in it.

I reach in and find a small book that looked to be a journal or diary. I open it and flip through the pages. It was filled with a bunch of encrypted writing and drawings. I don't how much of use it will be so I just close it up and put away in my back pocket (If you choose to wear a skirt, I don't know what to tell you but you have it.)

"Found something?" asked the lieutenant. "I don't know. It looks like a note book but it's...indecipherable."

I look up and see a large hole in the ceiling. I hear something moving so I slowly get closer.

When I do something or someone falls on me knocking me to the ground.

"Godd**n f**kin' pigeons!" The lieutenant yelled as the pigeons flew everywhere letting me barley make out someone run out of the room who I assumed to be the deviant.

"What're waiting for?! Chase it!" I quickly run after the deviant.

I jump over the fallen shelf (IDK what that thing was) and burst through the door.

I jump and climb any walls and objects while trying to follow close behind the deviant.

~~~~~~~~Time skip after the long chase~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I get to the rooftop I see the deviant push the lieutenant of the ledge but he held on.

I only had a few seconds to think before I took action.

I run over to the lieutenant and pulled him up just as Connor came through the door and rushed over once he saw what happened.

"Dad! Are you alright?!" "Yeah, But sh*t! We had it! F**k!" The lieutenant shouted angrily as he looked in the direction the deviant ran off.

"It's my fault. I should have been faster."

Hank ^

"You would have caught it if it wasn't for me. That's alright. We know what it looks like. We'll find it."

He starts to walk off but stops at the door and turns to us.

"Hey, Y/N." He looks like he's debating whether to continue or not.

"Nothing." And he walks out the door.

"He means thank you."

I turn my attention to the voice.

"I should say the same. If I had lost my father I wouldn't know what I'd do so, thank you."

I give him a small smile. "You don't have to thank me. I just did what anyone else would do. It wouldn't have been right to just leave him there."

Connor smiles even brighter as he walks towards me and puts a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I knew androids were more alike us than others think."

I look at him with confusion as to what he meant but he just smiles and walks off through the door.

I do the same but I can't help but think. What did he mean by that?

Connor ^^

Software Instability ^^