THE PIXIE

THE PIXIE

In the midst of the dusk where the moon is at its pinnacle and with the window open, welcoming the cold, gentle breeze; a lad had his arms placed on its frame, adoring the moon while it is at its brightest.

Another night has befallen and the clock kept on ticking, yet; Leif could not find the somnolence to visit the utopia he created inside his youthful imagination.

If only these sentiments cramming his mind would cease. If only his apprehension would expire.

But even so, Leif knew they would only haunt him even right now, in his wakefulness.

"Man," he muttered as he pursed his lips into a small pout, "growing up sucks. Having to handle problems even as a kid is such a bummer."

Feeling the gentle breeze touch his skin and watching as strands of his hair sway along with the air, Leif had let out a long, deep sigh.

"Reality sucks," he added before he shifted his arms to rest his chin on his knuckles, "my parents keep on bantering and school is just about to snatch away the fun time I have left in my hands."

Then he grunted.

Leaning back to sit straight, Leif had banged his hands on the windowpane, gritting his teeth and beginning to feel infuriated.

"Everyone makes life complicated! It used to be just so fun but they're starting to throw their pebbles on me! Passing me their burden!"

Clutching his hands into balls of fists, Leif threw daggers into emptiness.

"Growing up is the worst! Being an adult is just as much! They are just making up stories. Everything is nothing but another bullshit, this is all but a dirty reality!" He ranted.

Leif proceeded to speak to himself, unable to behold the wishing star pass through the evening sky; fading away shortly just like how it first emerged. Abrupt, unexpected.

And unbeknownst to Leif, he yelled his childish dream just before the wishing star dematerialized.

"I want to stay as a child forever! I don't wanna grow up!"

As if there was a fairy godfather watching over Leif, his wish was granted in an instant.

When Leif looked straight into the sky and glared at the atmosphere, Leif could swear that he could see something luminous approaching him.

Eyes widening from discerning the tiny figure flying towards him. And Leif gawked over it while rubbing his eyes; attempting to rouse himself just in case this is just a fantasy.

A dream that commenced before he could comprehend that he was already in the middle of a deep slumber.

However, despite his undertakings, Leif's jaw almost dropped when the tiny figure halted in front of his countenance, beaming at him.

A fairy—no, a pixie with blonde hair tied into a bun. A pixie who wore a short, green dress weaved from the seams of a leaf and fancy shoes. She, who had tiny transparent wings attached to her back.

"Hi!" She greeted, "I heard your wish!"

Breath hitching, Leif asked, "Am I still dreaming? Who are you?!"

She tilted her head to the side, settling her hands behind her as she attempted to stand straight despite wafting in thin air, her wings still flapping to keep her from gravity.

"Call me Rylee!" She introduced like a fine lady, lifting the hem of her dress before she lowered down her head. "And nope, you're not dreaming, Leif! I'm a real pixie!"