FAUX & VERITY: VOID

FAUX AND VERITY: VOID

WITH sapphire irides fixated upon the enormous mob of people who jigged along with music, sang along despite their dissonant voices, with a glass of beer in their hands, and a wide smile that accentuates the joy painted on their countenances; Peter was found in the nooks of the venue of celebration whilst he kept an empty visage.

Days and nights had flown by, the quietude in Neverland was finally reinstated. The community who resides within this utopia agreed to seize a banquet for Peter's valiant deed every dusk to accentuate their glory, to show their indebtedness towards the true hero, and for pirates loosen their grasps in their seams of hope to ever find a new captain.

Heaving a deep sigh, Peter rested his cheek on his knuckle, pondering the feasible reason for the void that continues to bother him. Gradually, his gaze wandered from the masses to the atmosphere, adoring the stars and the glimmering moon who also appeared to commemorate his triumph above them.

But he finds no more pleasure.

A few days ago, he was apt to join the feast. He jigged, sang, and impressed a lot of citizens within Neverland with the knowledge he possesses. He was apt to entertain challenges from a few Indians who yearned to witness his true strength, and their defeat had caused immense pleasantry within Peter. It swelled and swelled until it burnt down -- and only thoughts kept to visit him in his dreams.

"Peter, Peter," Rylee called his name. Apparently, it snatched his attention away from his reverie, pulling him back to reality and helping him to pay attention to the pixie who mentioned his name. "Are you okay? You're not yourself tonight. Are you not delighted that we're holding a feast for you?"

Peter's breathing hitched as his mind began to fumble upon a lot of words that he failed to discern what could be a promising thing to utter. He may be paling now, particularly when Mila followed Rylee and he could see Lucia checking upon his welfare from afar.

Peter's gaze began to meander. He desired to avert his gaze away from these ladies as they make him feel uneasy. Plus, thinking about Rylee's concern is driving him nuts.

He does not know the reason for his behavior.

He just feels like there is a barren within his chest. Like, the box of his contentment attained a hole, and everything does not make him interested nor vivacious anymore.

It was as if something changed.

"Peter, everyone is waiting for you," Mila added before she put her hand on her waist, "all of them desires to hearken the noble accomplishment of the leading man of this niche."

Breathing in a puff, Peter took a brief glimpse over the ladies with a hesitant visage. These three had been the closest to Peter ever since he arrived at this place. They had listened to his adventures, provided him a new home, ascertaining him that the fun would never cease, and they had accompanied him in all of his shenanigans.

"Is there any problem?" Rylee asked, now looking more apprehensive by Peter's behavior, "do you want to take a rest already?"

"No," was what he uttered despite the thoughts which bugged him in his wakefulness, "I'm just thinking of how fun this land truly is! The world is just about me, everyone is pertaining to me as the hero, and all!"

Peter knew that he had to lie or else everyone would throw their hands at him and get worried. Forgive me for being sassy and childish, Peter thought. But he does not want to let them know what bothers him nor he desires reality to chase him. If possible, he would keep verity in his pocket with no means of breaking out from his grasp.