ENIGMAS & VILLAINS

ENIGMAS AND VILLAINS

"SO you're the new Peter, huh." The mermaid with taffy pink hair and maya blue irides spoke in a voice so bewitching that Peter could swear that if he's any older, he would have himself gotten swept off his feet.

Peter nodded as he averted his gaze from the mermaid's countenance to her beauteous tail. It seemed as if it was glistening. Alas! How lustrous her tail is, and to have it with the distinct hue as her tresses? Peter had never discerned something this excellent before!

Upon examining the mermaid's tail, he shifted his attention to the other mermaids around them; Peter determined that, unlike this dame in front of him, their tails are of a dissimilar tint from their own hair.

"You seem to enjoy observing other mermaids. Found someone you like?" The mermaid in front of him teased.

Peter scoffed as he waved a hand to the dame, dismissing the thought that he might be interested in one of her kind. After all, he's just a kid! How would someone like him grow romantically interested in them?

"No, nope! I'm merely intrigued by how varied mermaids are. For instance, unlike you who has an identical hue for their hair and tail, other mermaids have unique colors for each."

The mermaid hummed before she laid her arms on the prime of the boulder available where she was sitting on. She had her gaze fixated on Peter, maya blue irides kept on prancing with amusement.

Peter noticed the way how the dame beside him gazed at him. Hence, with an apprehensive smile on his countenance, he flew a few inches apart from the aforesaid mermaid.

"By the way, why not introduce yourself to me?" Peter placed both of his arms behind his head, keeping his lips slightly protruded. "You already discerned that I am Le-I mean, Peter! So, I hope you don't mind introducing yourself to me?"

An entrancing beam crept onto the mermaid's lips before she let out a giggle. Then Peter raised a query to himself: are all mermaids like this? Then, he should have really come in the mermaid idyll with Rylee. But meh, the faery seemed to be really occupied nowadays. He thought not to disturb, thus; he is here. All alone.

"I'm sorry," the mermaid replied in between of her giggles, "I'm just so immersed in observing you I completely overlooked to introduce myself."

"Well, it's okay." Peter shrugged. "It must be strange to see me alone?"

"I believe so too. Were you not frequently looked after by the guardian of Neverland?"

He tilted his head to the side. Totally clueless of what the mermaid was speaking about. If she perceives Rylee, the pixie who brought him here as the guardian of Neverland; then, he bypassed a lot of data to learn regarding this niche!

"Yeah," Peter trailed off, averting his gaze onto the great beyond, "I guess you can say that. I didn't know that Rylee is the guardian of this land, though."

"Oh, really. She was actually the one who brought us here."

Peter's forehead furrowed upon the abrupt revelation. He had never inquired nor investigated the origin of Neverland as he deemed that activity to be idiocy.

After all, he submitted to be brought in this land to have fun. That is all.

Hence the reason why he failed to distinguish Rylee as the guardian of this land. Moreover, what Peter truly never anticipated was the confession he acquired.

"What do you mean brought here? Were you not all a fraction of this idyll in the first place?"

His sapphire irides almost squinted in confusion but he was given no response. Instead, the mermaid gave him a small smile, and if he was not erroneous, he also saw something else glinting from those blue irides.