THE NEW PETER

THE NEW PETER

FALLING into an abysmal pit where time and space dwelled felt like an epoch and despite thrill embraced his young heart, Leif felt incredibly anxious as he plummeted into the portal towards Neverland.

It was as if the more he disbursed time to arrive at the location where he could be a juvenile eternally, he feels as if something within him was deliberately perishing.

As if this place is devouring him.

Eradicating his existence from Earth.

Struggling to turn so that he could confront Rylee, Leif jerked the upper part of his torso to grant him the force to shift and glimpse at the pixie.

When he succeeded, he saw Rylee gazing at the distant horizon of this passage.

"Rylee?" He called her name in the most apprehensive expression he could muster.

The pixie took a quick glance at him, tilting her head to the side before grinning at Leif to the side that her eyes almost squinted.

But as soon as she caught sight of the distress on Leif's countenance, her forehead creased and reflected the exact sentiment.

"What's the matter, Leif?"

Should he tell her? But he might be just imagining things.

"I don't feel comfortable," was what he said instead, "are we there yet?"

"Oh! Yes, we sure are taking a long trip, aren't we?"

Rylee gasped and covered her mouth before letting out a snicker.

"Don't worry, we're almost there, Leif!" The pixie paused when she saw the incremental transition in Leif's clothing. "Oh! Look, your apparel is finally changing, Leif!"

Knitting his eyebrows in confusion, Leif deliberately lowered his gaze.

"Huh?"

His eyes widened in surprise once he witnessed how the garments he was wearing altered into a thin and green. From his shirt, pants, to his shoes. With a texture that would allow its wearer to move freely—without constraints, Leif felt aghast and festive.

This is it!

He fled from reality!

And he is just about to be a fraction of another realm where his adolescence would linger for an epoch! To a domain where the filthy truth would never aggravate him ever again!

Beaming from ear to ear, Leif veered his head to Rylee, excitement is apparent on his profile which made the pixie delightful.

"You like it?"

He nodded in enthusiasm. "Yes!"

Rylee giggled before she clasped her hands. But as quick as joy painted her countenance, Rylee's face turned into a serious one.

She positioned a hand on her waist while staring intently at Leif. Then, she raised another hand before she lifted her index finger. In this posture, it was as if Rylee is warning Leif.

And truth to be told, she really was.

"Great! But remember Leif, once we arrived at the edge of this entrance, you are just about to be reborn! You won't be dubbed as Leif anymore, that name shall be consigned to the grave and forgotten! Because from this day on, you will be Neverland's Peter!"

"Peter..."

Is he okay with that? Replacing his name with something his parents had not given him.