Howie Dorough

You and your husband Howie got stuck on the elevator on New Year's Eve. It was almost midnight and you had intended to spend the night at Nick's house, but I guess your plans weren't going too well. You and Howie were stuck... In the elevator of your residential building.

"I guess we won't make it to the party on time.", Howie said next to you.

"I guess not.", you smiled. "We gotta text Nick to say we won't be there in time."

Howie nodded.

"Gotcha.", he said, taking his phone out of the jacket's pocket.

He sent a text to Nick and then looked at you again.

"It's almost midnight. Two minutes left.", he said. "Do you want to say any words about this year, hon?"

"It was a good year.", you started to say. "With lots of work but we got time to spend the special days with the family."

"It was a good year indeed.", Howie agreed.

"I just wished we had made it...", you confess. "I really wanted to become a mom, you know?"

Howie curved his lips in a tiny smile.

"I know... I'm sure you will be a great mom.", he said, and held your hand. "This year is going to be the year. I feel it."

You smiled. You could only hope Howie was right. You have been trying to have a child for so long...

"Twenty seconds to the New Year.", he said, looking at the watch on his wrist.

Outside you could hear people shouting the countdown.

Five... Four... Three... Two... One... Happy New Year!

Beside you, Howie grabbed you in his arms.

"Happy New Year, honey!", he said happily.

"Happy New Year, love!", you shouted and kissed him.

A new year was a synonym of new possibilities and you were excited. With Howie, the love of your life, beside you, it didn't matter that the New Year's Eve was spent stuck in an elevator.