Brian X Nick

Unsuspecting Sunday afternoon

The headlights of Brian's car illuminated the road in the fog. Brian was driving focused on the road and looking at him, Nick couldn't help but think that his whole heart belonged to him. Why couldn't he shout it from the top of a building for everyone to hear?

Nick was so in love with his best friend Brian but no one knew that... Not even Howie, Kevin or AJ. Their love was a secret kept away from the eyes of everyone except themselves. And that was shattering Nick's heart.

They were perfect for each other. So why couldn't he tell everyone how he was feeling?

A silent tear streamed down Nick's face when Brian parked in front of his house. It was clear to them that they were made for each other (it is impossible to deny that), but they both know that none of them will demonstrate it.

"Why do we have to keep hiding everything we feel?", Nick asked, but it was almost like a thought out loud. He was trying to hold back the tears.

They had spent all day together on a small apartment Brian had downtown. Between those four walls they could finally be who they were. Nick could kiss him and whisper how much he loves him. On that apartment they could forget the world outside for a couple of hours.

"You know it has to be like this ...", Brian stopped a moment before continuing. 

He loved Nick too but he had a family with Leighanne and he couldn't leave her. How would the fans react if he and Nick came out as lovers? 

"We have a homeless love..." Brian's voice sounded weak as if he was on the verge of crying. "This...", he puts his hand on the left side of his chest "... belongs to you, Nicky. Maybe it's not much, but it's yours..."

Nick swallowed, with a sailor's knot forming in the back of his throat.

They had each other and that was all that mattered.

"Will this ever change?" Nick asked, after opening the car's door and stepping outside. 

When the night was coming, it was time to say goodbye. It was just another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon. 

Inside the car, Brian looked at him before speaking:

"I live for that day, Nicky..."