006

! chapter six !

! chapter six !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

NEW RULES FOR THE school were coming out on the daily. It was almost like Umbridge was just making them up whenever something didn't go her way. It was outrageous. Haven had to admit, Hogwarts was basically hell with her around. Even Dumbledore couldn't do anything about it, which was the worst part in her opinion. If he couldn't help them, who could?

During the middle of their Divination class, Umbridge stormed in, a clipboard in her hands as she glanced around the room curiously. Haven shifted in her seat, sharing a worried look with Luna, who seemed to ignore the professor's presence completely. Haven wished she could have that much self control, but it seemed that she didn't. Umbridge's existence pissed her off to the extreme.

"Just one question, dear," Umbridge stated, interrupting Trelawaney from speaking. The class shared confused murmurs, and Haven leaned forward in her seat so she could hear better. It was then when she realized who was sitting in the row below her. "You've been in this post, how long exactly?" She questioned.

"Sixteen years," Trelawaney answered, a little nervously.

Umbridge jotted something down on her clipboard. "Could you predict something for me?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You heard me. One teensy little prophecy?"

Haven heard a snicker come from below her, and she glanced down to see Draco with a grin on his face. He seemed amused by the entire situation, and for some reason, she felt a flicker of disappointment flood through her at this. She knew he was a complete and total ass, but she didn't think he'd stoop that low. How could anyone possibly like Umbridge?

When Trelawaney didn't respond, Umbridge once again wrote something down. "Pity," she mumbled, before she began to walk out of the room. Haven glanced back, meeting Harry's gaze. She was certain she was wearing the exact same expression as he was. After all, they wouldn't be twins if they weren't somewhat in sync. They definitely shared quite a few of the same qualities.

"No, no, wait!" Trelawaney called out after her. "I think I see something. I do! Something...dark. You are in grave danger!"

Umbridge slowly turned around, wearing that fake grin of hers. It broadened as she said one word: "Lovely." And she walked out of the classroom.

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"I've never seen anything like that," Haven mused, walking out of her fifth period of the day—Transfigureation, Neville at her side. The halls had begun to fill up with students as their classes let out, and she wanted to get back to her dormitory before it got too crowded to even walk.

"Me either," the boy agreed. "I'll see you in the common room later?"

"Yeah," she shrugged. "If I don't get caught sneaking in." Neville waved her off, and Haven watched as he walked away. She turned on her heel to go the opposite direction, before a scent of faintly familiar cologne overtook her sense of smell. She glanced around curiously, not being able to identify it.