𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀 - you're a fire hazard

! extra - you're a fire hazard !

─── ∙ ~ ❆☃︎❆ ~ ∙ ───

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒...

"THIS IS BARBARIC," DRACO complained, frowning at Haven's back as she stood atop of the step-stool. She refrained from rolling her eyes, straightening up with the ornament still in her grasp as she turned her head to face him, lips tugged into a straight line. "I don't understand this muggle tradition."

"Well I don't understand why wizards never decorated their trees," Haven replied, looking at the tree once more as she hung the red glass ball onto one of the branches. The limb dipped under the new weight placed onto it, and for a moment she thought it was going to fall onto the floor. Luckily, it didn't. She held back a sigh in relief, that would've been the third one that hour. She didn't feel like hearing Draco's sarcastic comments about it again. Such as: maybe you shouldn't be hanging glass objects onto pine trees.

"Because it's mental," he stated boredly, and his smug expression went away once she glared at him. They fell into a silence as Haven continued to work, every so often crouching down to pick up another ornament. The only sound in the room was the fire crackling from the fireplace a few feet away.

They had moved into Sirius' old apartment after the war. Hermione had gone a tad overboard with the other decorations throughout the house, if she were being honest. She didn't mind, though. It was everyone's first Christmas after the war. Everything needed to be perfect. They had nothing to worry about now. No random attacks during the night. No worrying about who was going to make it out alive. It was so weird to think about. They were finally at peace.

Even though Hermione had been staying at the Weasley's with Ron for the majority, she still came over to spend time with the others, bringing the other redhead along with her. Molly insisted on them going over for dinner almost on the daily. And Haven was grateful—because neither her nor Harry could cook.

Draco didn't go back to the Malfoy Manor much, although Cissy did offer multiple times. He said he wanted nothing to do with Lucius after what happened between he and Haven. She was a little relieved when she heard that. It wasn't like Haven was going to force Draco to stray away from his father—but it wasn't exactly ideal to stand in the same room as him. He spent most of his time with Haven at the apartment—and she would make him do some Christmas muggle traditions—like she was doing now. She bit back a laugh as she thought about the previous day, when she and Draco had baked cookies together. The amount of flour on his face almost made him look like he was wearing a tacky ghost Halloween costume.