015

! chapter fifteen !

! chapter fifteen !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

THEY RUSHED INTO THE Ministry, their footsteps padding against the floor. The sound of their shoes tapping against the ground was all that could be heard through the quiet and empty room. Haven had never been to the official Ministry building before, and she could honestly say it wasn't what she was expecting it to look like at all.

The seven of them crowded into the elevator, which dinged once they had arrived at their stop. Harry slowly stepped out. "This is it," he announced, leading them farther down the hallway. Haven's palms began to sweat, and she formed them into a fist to stop them from shaking.

Haven glanced at her reflection on the tiled covered wall, her pale face staring right back at her. For a brief moment, she didn't even recognize herself. The bags under her eyes definitely showed how exhausted she actually was. Although she didn't necessarily feel tired. Maybe it was the adrenaline.

Harry pulled open the door at the end of the hall, and they all made their way in. Haven glanced up at the tall shelves that held thousands—if not more—prophecies. The only light in the room was coming from their wands, and Haven held hers out, as if trying to see any further in front of her.

A weird noise sounded from behind them, and Haven snapped her head over towards the direction of it. She scanned the area, but came up with nothing. Harry shared a look with Haven, who immediately followed his train of thought. The two siblings walked down the isles, and Harry would mumble every number of the ones they passed. He stopped at isle ninety-seven, staring at the floor.

"Is this where you saw him?" Haven asked.

"Yes. He should be here."

"It's a trap," Haven realized. "It has to be."

"Harry," Neville's shaky voice called out. Haven glanced in the boy's direction. He was staring at one of the prophecies on the shelf in front of him. "It's got your name on it."

Harry hesitantly grabbed it off the shelf, staring at the orb as he turned it over in his hands. It seemed to get brighter as he touched it. The colors inside swirling with a mix between blue and green.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches," a woman's raspy voice said from inside the orb. "And the Dark Lord shall mark him as equal, but he shall power that Dark Lord knows not."

Haven quirked a brow. "How come you always get all the exciting stuff?"

"Not now, Haven," Harry snapped at her, making the joking grin on her face turn into a frown.

"For neither can live while the other survives," the voice went on.

Upon hearing footsteps, Haven turned her head to see a man dressed in all black, wearing a mask over his face. "We've got company," she announced, and everyone faced the new threat.