028

! chapter twenty-eight !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"I DIDN'T THINK IT was possible to undo a Stupefy spell," Haven mused, allowing herself to be pulled up by Luna's soft hands. It had only been about five minutes that she was stunned, and luckily the blonde had stumbled into the bathroom. "Thank you, truly."

"Of course," Luna replied with a smile. Haven gave her a pat on the shoulder, before quickly running out of the bathroom. Her rushed footsteps echoed throughout Hogwarts' empty hallways as she sprinted to the astronomy tower. Haven knew that had to be the place, after all, the location seemed to be very relevant to a lot of people that year. It didn't take her long to figure out why. A strong force suddenly pulled her back once she reached the lower level of the tower, and she met Harry's panicked gaze as he clamped a hand over his mouth.

Slowly, once he realized she wasn't going to scream, he pointed up to the higher part of the tower, where she could barely make-out Draco's figure. She moved so she could see better, and her heart stopped once she realized who he'd been pointing his wand at. Dumbledore. Somehow, as if he sensed her presence, Draco glanced down, but she ducked out of the way just in time before he got the chance to see her.

"Good evening, Draco," Dumbledore greeted as the other boy's hand shook violently. "What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

"Who else is here?" He asked. "I heard you talking."

"I often talk aloud to myself," Dumbledore mused. "I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself? Draco...you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am?" Draco demanded. "I've done things that would shock you!"

"Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bring the cursed necklace to me? By replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak, that your heart really cannot be in them."

"He trusts me!" Draco bursted out, pulling up his sleeve to reveal his Death Eater tattoo, and Haven bit back a gasp. Surely, she knew Draco had been working for Voldemort, but seeing the design on his forearm made it so much more real. It suddenly all made sense. Why he was constantly pulling his sleeves down, yanking his wrists out of her grip. It all finally added up.

Dumbledore sighed, "then I shall make it easy for you."

"Expeliarmus!" Draco yelled, and the wand in the headmaster's hand went flying out of his grasp.

"Very good," Dumbledore complimented as Draco breathed heavily. She quickly realized that he was crying, and despite the situation they were in, she wanted to pull him into a hug. She knew Draco didn't want to do this. She'd always known. "Very good." A sudden door clanged from behind, and Haven glanced back in fear. "You're not alone. There are others. How?"