Chapter 23

Thank you all so much for 18K reads!! I've gotten several thousand in just the last week, that's crazy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas' POV

It was Monday morning and I was talking with Kai and his friends, huddled in a circle in the midst of the cold, yet sunny late March weather.

I was ecstatic, we had won our second match, Kai was starting to show more and more of his personality around me, and he declared to Joon that he would always pick me over his daughter.

What more could a guy want... besides an official relationship of course. But deep down I know that isn't a possibility until Kai takes care of his loose ends.

"He looked so heavy, I don't know how you managed to pull him off," Jack was telling Kai as we all talked about our match last Friday.

Zay and Jack had been somewhere in the crowd, and I later found out my mom had brought my whole family to watch. She said she had to physically drag Kaleb, explaining how she was so worried as he looked pale the entire time.

I bet the little brat was shitting his pants after actually seeing Kai fight in person.

"It was probably the adrenaline, honestly," Kai explained. "If you told me to pull someone that big right now there's no way in hell I'd be able to do it."

Zay had a playful smirk on his face, "Adrenaline? Or fear of your little boyfriends over here getting heart?" He teased.

I chuckled at his words... if only.

"Shut the fuck up! He's not my boyfriend," Kai was acting like his normal self, stoic yet lively.

I'm not his boyfriend yet.

It seemed as though only I got to see him when he got embarrassed, and that was one of the things that sustained me in this unclear relationship we had going on.

I mean we do all the things boyfriends would do. We go on dates, we have sex, he's even been introduced to my family, although it was unexpected.

"But Kai," Zay started, "do you think you'll be able to win? Your last fight was already 10 times harder than the first."

"Don't worry about it, I didn't even give 80% of what I've got during Triple O, I'm sure that Doubles will be similar," Kai was cocky. But I will admit, it's hot when he's so confident.

"Oh right! Did I tell you guys about what happened with Ms. Graham?" Zay's eyes got wide, an excited expression appearing on the dark males face.

"That 12th grade English teacher?" I asked.

"Yeah! Apparently she got caught sleeping with a student!" Zay was a bitch for gossip.

"Wait, isn't that illegal?" Jack asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Nah, I heard the student was 18," Zay waved him off.

"But still... that's basically pedophilia cause most seniors start their year at 17, and she's like 40," Jack was grossed out at the thought.

"Okay, but get a load of who she was sleeping with," Zay was smiling ear to ear, thrilled to be sharing the information he overheard.

Zay leaned in close, motioning for all of us to move forward as he began to whisper, "It's that guy on the soccer te-"

"Kai!?" Zay was cut off by a loud shout coming from the parking lot.

We all whipped our heads around to see a short girl with strawberry blonde hair. She had tears in her eyes that looked like they would fall any second.