Chapter 33

Thank you for 100 followers, 83K reads, and 3000 votes!!

A/N - (more hate comments *sigh*)

So I wasn't planning on updating today because I'm sick and have been feeling like shit because of more hate comments.

I know my writing is not perfect and neither is my story. There will be things some people like that others do not. But my comment section is supposed to be a safe, positive space not only for readers but also myself.

From now on, I will be deleting any and all comments that I find even slightly offensive or rude. I will no longer tolerate hate towards me, my story, or other people and their comments.

Seeing comments is one of my absolute favorite parts of writing on here. I welcome with open arms: reaction comments, comments that point out grammar and spelling mistakes, plot holes that I may have missed, or literally anything that just simply is not mean. I am writing this story because I enjoy it and know many others do as well. I wont let haters ruin that.

This is the last time I will be bringing this up.

Also, I'd like to thank a couple of readers who were defending me against some hate comments. You all are literally the best and just know that you all are the reason I even feel up for updating right now :)

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, please enjoy the next chapter :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

I buried my head into the boy, resting my forehead on his shoulder, "Thank you. Seriously thank you so much," I whispered. "I couldn't have done any of this without you, I owe you so much."

"You owe me nothing, just being like this with me is enough," Lucas cooed.

I basked in Lucas' arms for another couple of seconds before we separated. I whipped my head around to see the people in the stands going wild. Although many were surprised to see the Russian siblings lose, they were still cheering at the impressive feat.

"Ladies and gentlemen!!" The announcer practically screamed into the microphone, "Kai and Lucas have just made history as the youngest winners of Doubles!!"

The announcer continued to yell in excitement, finishing his statements as the crowd began to trickle out of the concrete stadium. Lucas and I both left before he finished talking, heading back to our fight room to change.

Once in the fight room, I threw on a plain black tee while Lucas put on a white one.

I was slouched against the couch on my phone. Lucas and I had posted pictures with each other on Instagram to celebrate our win. Normally I would be overthinking about people's reactions to my scars, but instead, I felt satisfied, a feeling of fulfillment flowing through my head. I was one step closer to finally getting my revenge, and that feeling overwhelmed any sense of insecurity in my mind.

"Hello? This is Miguel Ferreira and I am here to interview Kai Yoon and Lucas Beck," the voice followed a loud knock at the door.

I walked toward the door and opened it, making eye contact with the same tanned man in a grey suit who had interviewed us last time and ultimately ended up getting hit on the head by his director.

"Right... Hi," I gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"If you two could just follow me, there is another room prepared," Miguel spoke, reaching out to shake my hand.