Chapter 32

A/N - I can't believe that this story has 68K reads! I remember picking this story back up during the summer because I hit 300 reads and started getting a couple comments asking me to continue it so I got super excited. I would have never imagined I'd be able to get this far.

I really want to thank everyone for such supportive comments after the last chapter, I was crying while reading them at 1 am. Writing this book has been a journey, I don't have anyone to support me doing this so seeing all of these encouraging comments really means so much to me, I can't even express it.

So I'll take all of your advice, I'll ignore the haters and focus on the people who are enjoying this story just as much as I am! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"What's up with all that security?" I huffed as I slumped onto the couch in our fight room.

Upon entering through the Fighter's Only door, we walked through a high-tech metal detector and were also told to stand with our arms and legs spread while they roamed our bodies with manual scanners. The number of guards all around Mad Dog had more than doubled than the amount from just several weeks ago.

"Are you actually surprised? Someone did get stabbed after all. Do you know how upset the fans were? There were kids in the crowd who saw it," Lucas shook his head, pitying the traumatized audience.

"But still...."

"I honestly thought there would be more. I heard that they were going to install stuff to scan bags too," Lucas told me.

"That would be understandable, right now they're just sifting through people's stuff, it wouldn't be hard to conceal a knife."

"Exactly, all this security feels so pointless," Lucas was sitting on the table on the right side of the room.

There was a slight knock on the door before Dan opened it, "Are you two ready for your fight?"

"Yep," I said as I hopped off the couch, full of energy.

"You're wearing a long-sleeve shirt?" Dan asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes?" I questioned, "I always wear long-sleeves when I fight..." I trailed off, very confused, glancing down at the skin-tight black fabric covering my torso.

"Oh, did ya two not see the email the Mad Dog team sent out this morning?" He looked between me and Lucas.

"No, what email?" Lucas asked, still sitting on the table.

"It was a last-minute decision since we weren't able to install all the security measures we had planned, but all fighters have to refrain from wearing shirts, although women can wear sports bras..." Dan continued speaking but the noise coming out of his mouth was being drowned out by a dull ringing in my ears.

My head became foggy and my vision blurred, Dan's voice like a small echo in the background, "The head of security was worried that someone might still be able to sneak a knife in and conceal it. It's a new rule that will be revised once we have more preventative measures in place," the guard confessed.

No shirt?

No shirt...

I can't wear a shirt...

But that means everyone will see!

My body clammed up at the thought.

I don't want people to see my scars! If people see them they'll ask questions, everyone will want to know how I got them. I don't want people to know, I don't want people to see me as weak and pitiful!