Moonlight Vendetta

It had been a week since Dio had found his daughter. They had been bonding more and more each day, and it was peaceful and happy. It was as if nothing in the world could ruin what they had.

Cuddling was always how the day started off. If there was no cuddling, it was a rough day. Dio Brando learned quickly that Diana required cuddling from him every morning. Diana Rose Brando would snuggle close to her father, Feazel laying in her lap or around Dio's neck. Sometimes Dio wold sing his mother's lullaby to her, sometimes he would stroke her head gently in a comforting manner, and sometimes he would make her laugh with funny comments that she could understand considering the fact that she was still young.

"Diana, would you like to play a game?" Looking down at her, he held her closer. 

"Yes! What game are we going to play?" She jumped up and giggled, ecstatic to play a game with her father. Playing games with Dio was one of her favorite things to do. 

"What do you say to hide and seek?"

Nodding her head, Dio walked out of the room. Counting slowly to ten, Diana ran out of the room purposefully being loud. She ran in place for a moment making her footsteps sound quieter and quieter until they were inaudible. As quiet as a mouse, she tiptoed back into Dio's bedroom, and hid under his bed.

"Eight, nine, ten. Ready or not, here I come." Dio said the childish saying to humor his daughter. He walked down the hall in search of his daughter. He knew she was in his bedroom. He could sense her presence because of the father-daughter connection through his blood.

Returning to his bedroom and pretended to not to know where she was. He searched behind things and under different things, trying to make her feel like she was good at hiding. Leaving the room again, he was gone for five minutes.

He suddenly felt something in him. It felt like...distress. He didn't even hesitate. Running back to his room, he gently grabbed her leg and pulled her out from under the bed.

"Found you," you mumbled picking her up and snuggling her close. Diana's face was scrunched up with fear as she was comforted by him. Being away from her for too long really got to her.

"I thought you left me." She sobbed into his shoulder.

"I would never leave you, little one."

The moonlight was shining beautifully that night. The stars twinkled down upon Windknight's Lot and the castle. The nightlife made their chittering and chattering sounds and the lush trees swayed gently in the warm breeze.

Dio was sitting cross legged on the side of the stone balcony, Diana in his lap, reading to her. Her eyes were shutting slowly. Dio's gentle, comforting, soothing voice made sleep seem like an easy thing to achieve.

Looking down at his beautiful daughter, he smirked. He set his book down and gently ran his fingers through her hair. She was like an angel sleeping in his arms, the arms of a devil. He was a lucky bastard to have Diana Rose as his daughter.

Without a premonition, the big closed doors to the balcony room flung open. Dio didn't even have to look to know who was there. A menacing stare came from the now opened doors.

"I'm back from hell Dio." The strong blue haired boy spoke. He looked as if he had become much stronger than when Dio had last fought him in the burning Joestar mansion. For a second Dio doubted he could defeat him, but quickly regained his confidence. He was the mighty Dio. It was his fate to rule this world.

Diana's eyes were wide open by this time. Dio stood up quickly, pushing Diana behind him. He didn't want her here to see this, but he didn't have a choice. It seemed as if Jojo had brought friends.