Rape And Rainbows

The hot sun was shining on the warm shortbread colored sand. Diana Brando and DIO stood inside in the dark building. It was huge and comfortable to roam in, but without the sun it wasn't as appealing as it could have been. Of course, the two of them had forgotten the beauty and warmth of the sun it had been so long. It was time to take a chance, an extremely risky one. 

DIO looked at Diana with confident eyes, but his cold eyes also had a look that had set an expectation for Diana's level of power. She didn't want to fail her father, failing was unacceptable to her. 

His vampiric pale hand pushed on the door letting in the sunlight. The warmth surrounded the two and an unsure feeling was overwhelming them. Diana had activated her anti-sun body shield and had out it on both DIO and herself. 

Elation swelled up in her chest at the thought that she hadn't just killed her father. What was even better was the pride in DIO's expression. It made her feel like she had done something right for once. 

The sun felt amazing! Diana had never felt the sun's warmth on her back before. The two of them basked in its gift. DIO could barley hold back a true smile. He hadn't felt the sun in so...so long. 

DIO opened his mouth to say something: Adelio came running out into the sunlight without Diana knowing! She quickly caught eye of his presence and activated her ability on him. Thankfully, she had activated it in time.

"Adelio, sweetie, please tell me if you're going to go out into the sun, if this anti-sun thingy isn't covering you, you'll burn up."

"I know! I was testing you to see how attentive you were." Adelio was trying to cover up the fact that he had been careless. The cute, blond haired, eight year old, boy ran out to DIO with a wide smile. 

"Grandpa DIO!" Hugging his grandfather's leg, DIO picked him up with a smirk on his face. Seeing them together...it makes me warm inside. I'm happy to see them getting along so well. I wasn't sure how papa would've reacted to my son. The last time he saw me was when I was four...he met my son when he was thirty-four... of course he still acts like an eight year old would, but soon he'll mature. Quicker than a normal boy should, but he has thousands of years ahead of him. Diana had an expression of deep thought plastered on her pale and pretty face. 

"My grandson, you will do great things. You and I will rule this world someday!" 

"Yeah!" Diana sighed as the two made plans to rule over the earth for many years to come. 

"Papa, I'm going to head into town. I want to see what life is like in the day and I don't want to put you at risk. I'll bring home souvenirs, I promise!"

"Alright, but be careful, daughter. Before you go, I want to give you something."

"Hm?" It was unusual for DIO to give out gifts. He approached her and poked harshly at the anti-sun layer that was surrounding her body. It's the transparent layer rippled with it's original purple and pristine color which soon faded back into transparency. 

"This ability, I'm giving it the name of "Rainbow in the Dark". That's what you are Diana, a rainbow in the dark." 

Diana hugged her father tightly. "You're my rainbow in the dark papa. I don't care if you couldn't be there for me all of my life, I love you." She turned around, and left for town. DIO was left with a feeling of love and appreciation for his kind and loving daughter. So...so forgiving, and kind, just like his sweet deceased mother. 

When Diana arrived in town, she couldn't believe what she had missed out on. There were many small markets open in the streets with many uniquely clothed Egyptians inspecting objects and making purchases. All of the markets overwhelmed her and made her feel like she needed to buy something.