Choose Before You Can't

A few days passed with ease for Diana. They were long for everyone else. An encounter with Hol Horse and Hanged Man led to an unfortunate win, if a win you could even call it. Avdol jumped in front of Polnareff and took a bullet to the head for him, ending his own life. In the end, Polnareff avenged his sister by killing Hanged Man, but guilt pumped through his veins. In his heart, he was the one who killed Avdol.

The next day an odd tumor looking thing appeared on Joseph's arm. The knowledge that Nena (a lady who allowed Hol Horse to escape) controlled the tumor stayed in Diana's mind and she watched him struggle to figure out what was wrong with his arm. Expectedly the tumor named Empress was defeated. The group faced one more stand called Wheel of Fortune which landed in success for the Crusaders as usual. 

Polnareff was driving them into a small quiet town in Pakistan. The fog had settled to stay for a while and it was decided that they would find a hotel in town. Diana was awkwardly squished between old Joseph and Jotaro in the back of the car. Jotaro's head swiftly jerked his head to the left as if he had seen a ghost, but he quickly eased back into his seat. Diana had seen it too. A dead dog's corpse shish-kabobed on a spear. 

So we're getting closer...she's probably not happy about her son's death...poor Enyaba. Diana got out of the car with unease as they walked around in search for a hotel. Pale faced people walked idly about like they were zombies. 

"Assalamu alaikum!" The man turned away from a smiling unsure Joseph after closing his shop. Polnareff teased him for poor pronunciation and went to ask a man sitting down where a nice hotel with clean toilets was. He was dead. Polnareff's blue eyes widened with terror as he stumbled a few steps back. 

Ajna, Adelio, and Diana were sitting down watching everything play out. Adelio was smiling as he munched on the sandwich his mom had made the day before. Diana sighed and put her hand to her face.

"Why did you choose him? He's a bumbling idiot..."

"Why did you choose Wamuu? He was a quiet underling who never did anything for himself." Ajna snapped back, turning her head away from her. They both sat there, frustrated at life and with each other. 

"Hey, I uhm...I really don't mean to interrupt...but you both fell in love with men, r-right? I don't know much about love...but I do know that a few flaws doesn't make a person not worth loving..." Adelio kept eating his sandwich hoping to not get scolded. A hand was laid around his shoulder. He flinched in response to pain that never came. 

"Adelio...you're too wholesome and smart and honest and-and-." Ajna was trying to blurt out the words as fast as she could. "You're like your father, but bolder." Diana grinned with a starry look and a proud smile. Adelio wrapped his arms around her for a hug and left to go watch the gang at work. A moment of silence passed. Diana fiddled with her thumbs as thoughts danced around in her mind.

"He's right ya know... I-I'm really really sorry I pulled you into this, I didn't know what I was thinking and I ruined everything for you and Adelio and-," Diana was digging her nails into her skin, her teeth gritted in regret and frustration.

"Hey, it isn't your fault. I followed my father's orders when he gave them, and you're following yours! You went on an adventure with my family and found love, and you've helped me find love by taking me on this journey! Look at Adelio! He found a friend! Just like we did a long time ago."

 "Yeah...but now we all have to face the consequences."

"Yes, that's true, but who said the consequences would be what we think they are?" Ajna stood up and approached Adelio, watching alongside him.

All of a sudden, Mr. Joestar tried hopping into the car which turned out to be a fence like thing with spikes pointed at the top. He barely saved himself from getting impaled.