Chapter 29: Te Quiero

I think I'm getting the hang of the house as I celebrated finding our bedroom without any help. And, I didn't see Chunta any where so I quickly got into my pajamas and just as I finish with the last button, he came in.
"Hey Chunta." He came over and gave me a quick kiss and started changing. He still looked upset and that made me upset seeing him like that.
"Hey Chunta, are you okay?" He joined me and bed and sighed.
"I'm just tired, that's all." I could tell he was lying so I exposed himself.
"Look, I came looking for Antonio to apologize and I overheard your conversation with him, and you sounded so angry. I only heard you like that a few times and it was scary." He patted my head.
"It's nothing to worry about, sorry for scaring you." He snuggled closer to me but something felt off and Chunta noticed.
"Hey, don't worry, just get some sleep. Like you said, we have wedding preparations in the morning." I reluctantly got closer to him. I felt like he was trying to change the situation and right now, I was more concerned about him then our preparations. I was going to speak, but felt like it was the wasn't best time to speak to him so I kept quiet.
"I can see it in your eyes, you don't have to worry. Go to sleep Takato, you'll need it for our day out on the town tomorrow." I nodded my head and I was getting drowsier and drowsier by the minute. I was about to fall asleep when I felt Chunta getting up. I loosely grabbed his arm and groggily said.
"Where are you *yawn* going so late?" He just smiled at pat my head and he's hands felt so warm, I couldn't help but fall asleep, wonder when he'll come back.

   Takato went to sleep so I can finally take care of these loose ends. I was out the door leaving when my abuelo stopped me.
   "Junta, ¿a dónde vas tan tarde en la noche?" (Junta, where are you going so late at night?)
   "Voy a ver mi compadre." (I'm  going to see my friend) He seemed to understand and let me be. 
   I walked out the door and was on my way to Antonio's, and lucky me, his house wasn't that far. I pulled up to his house and knocked on his door.
   "Entrar." (Come in) I walked in and he asks,
    "¿Te gusta como dejé el lugar?" (Do you like what I've done to the place?) I stopped in the middle of room and he notices.
   "¿Que Pasa?" (What's wrong?) I rolled my eyes.
   "Are you keep speaking Spanish to rub in the fact that my lover speaks it quite poorly?" He put on a condescending smile.
   "Que, no. Esto es España después de todo. (What, no. This is Spain after all.) I hate when he gets like this, I might as well play his stupid game.
   "Todavía no sé porque me llamaste, Antonio." (I still don't see why you called me over, Antonio) He just continued to walk away and I followed him until we ended up in his bedroom where he clung onto me and whispered in my ear.
   "Abrázame... una vez más." (Hold me... one more time.) I pushed him off and screamed.
   "¡Que Carajo!" (What the Hell!") He got up and begged.
   "Por favor, solo una vez màs." (Please, just once more) I started to lash out at him.
   "¡No! Tu pediste que viniera , y dijiste 'Junta, debemos hablar' ¿pero en verdad era esto lo que querías? ¡Sal de mi cara! (No! You called me over here saying 'Junta, we need to talk' but this is what you really wanted? Get out of my face!) I started to walk away and Antonio grabbed onto me.
   "Junta, ¡Detente, Por favor no vayas!"
(Junta Stop! Please don't go!)  I continued walking and pushed him off. I'm done playing his game.
   "Get the Hell off me." I was out the door when he quietly said,
   "Tu sonrisa..." I  looked back at him.
   "Huh?" I wanted him to let him know that I'm done and I started leaving again and this time he spoke louder.
   "You're smile... It was never this sincere." I stared at him, listening what he has to say.
   "How come I wasn't the one... How come I'm not the one who's able to make you smile like that." He started to tear up.
"Antonio, Te quiero, but not in-" (I love you but in a platonic way) He cut me off.
"No Junta, I've been trying to impress you all my life with my amazing dance moves and muscles but you disappear for five years and you come back just to put that niña on display! And what's worse, you waltz in here like everything's cool and not trying to make amends! You haven't tried to come in contact with Anyone, since you left. I wonder why you're even here."I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder.
"I don't know if I explained this well enough but, me and Takato are getting married here." His eyes widened.
"W-What?" I let out another sigh.
"Tonio, the reason I came here to patch things up and ask for you to be my best man. I didn't come here for this, I'm sorry." I walked away for the last time reaching the exit. Antonio ran up to me, though keeping his distance.
"Junta I... I'm sorry." I didn't even look back at him.
"Yeah, me too." I walked out the door and walked to my abuelo's home.
I unlocked the door and stepped in. I walked past the kitchen and saw mi Abuelo sipping on coffee
"How was your talk with Antonio?" I walked past him.
"Old habits die hard." He walked up to me.
"Let's see how things work out." I walked up to my bedroom and saw Takato's sleeping face. He's so cute like this. I patted his head and got back into bed. Looking at him like this washes all my worries. That's right, I should more concerned with this lovely person sleeping beside me, and the wedding preparations. We're going to have the best wedding ever, even if Tonio doesn't want to be my best man. I wrapped my arms around his sleeping body and his forehead sweetly.
" buenas noches, Taka-Darling." (Good Night Taka-Darking.)

982 words! (Excludes this outro, and abundant translations) I hope you liked this chapter, and if you didn't read the QnA, I'll say it again. My updating schedule might change from every week to every other week and most likely, my editing will go down the drain because the time I'm posting this, school starts today, on the 21st of September. It really depends on how much homework I get from school because I'm placed in a lot of AP classes. I start Algebra 1 today, as well as AP lit, and AP biology. Although, I did pick an easy elective. Spanish 1 😈 and the school doesn't know I already speak Spanish. But I am kind of concerned because I heard from Tati, the school teaches neutral Spanish when is basically Spain's Spanish, and I'm Caribbean so.... well that's all. Wish me luck for the school year! I hope I can still find time to do this cause I'm passionate about this. With that out the way, peace out my peeps.
Adíos, ¡Hasta Luego!