Liar!

Word count: 1260

Narrators POV

     Harry ran until he arrived at a fork in the hallway. He stood there turning in circles, running his hands through his short brown hair. Hermione and Ron soon showed up behind him. "Is everything alright, Harry?" Hermione asked, sounding concerned. "No, I need to... I just need to speak with Draco." Hermione looked confused. "What why?" Harry turned. "I can't.. I can't tell you. But please just help me find him." Ron nodded and took off, dragging Hermione with him. While running Hermione tried to fathom a reason why Harry needed to speak with him. She concluded that Draco did something to seriously harm Harry, but little did she know it was the opposite. Draco didn't do anything to hurt Harry. Harry hurt Draco.

~~~

     Draco ran into the schools garden, one of the few places opened to the students during the Yule ball. It was decorated with floating lights tucked in the trees and some floating in mid air. It was covered in flowers of every shade of every color. Draco ran to the tulips and collapsed, he brought his knees to his chest and started sobbing quietly. Luckily everyone was at the dance. He let his thoughts run wild as he wiped his tears that just kept coming.

     After a few minutes passes he heard Harry enter the garden, calling his name. "Draco?? Are you in here?" Draco stood up and wiped his tears, though his face was very puffy. "What do you want, Potter?" Draco asked shakily. "Draco.. I'm..." He walked closer to him. "I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have pushed you away in front of everyone." Draco sniffled. "Whatever. I don't need an apology." He picked up his robe and started to walk towards the arched exit . "Draco wait." Draco turned around, only being a short distance away from him. "What, Harry?" Draco asked, sounding almost defeated. Harry looked down at his shoes, they should be shinier, but Harry thought they get scuffed so easily why bother. "Did you say... you smelt vanilla and broomsticks in your Amortentia?" Harry asked, purposely not looking up to cover his blush. Draco scoffed. "Is now really the time? What does it matter-" Harry cut him off. "Draco, what or who did you smell in your bloody potion?" Harry commanded. Draco was taken aback from his sternness . "I-I smelt vanilla and.. broomsticks." He bit the inside of his cheek, as he was embarrassed to admit this. He quickly got defensive. "You obviously tampered with it! There's no way I would smell you in a fucking love potion!" Harry stepped closer to him. "Draco.. I didn't tamper with anything.." Harry sounded sincere and Draco's heart beat started to rise. "Liar! There's no way! You must've put a hex on me or-or the potion.. or something! There's no way I could feel these feelings about you.." Harry looked down at his feet. "I-I Draco-" He cut Harry off. "If you won't tell me what type of magic you used, I have no other choice then go to a professor." Draco huffed and started walking out, suddenly Harry grabbed Draco's wrist. "I'm not lying Malfoy.." Harry's and Draco's face both started to heat up, they were only a step away from each other. "Y-you.." Draco didn't know what to do, he just stood there looking into Harry's eyes. Harry looked back at him, having to look slightly up since Draco was a good 2 inches taller than him. Suddenly they both found themselves leaning in. Draco then suddenly sealed the kiss and cupped his face with his hand. The lights dimmed to a pink.

     Harry's first reaction was to pull away, but he didn't. He stood there for a moment until he closed his eyes and kissed back. Draco's left hand found his way to Harry's waist and pulled him closer, keeping the other on his cheek. Harry's hands moved up to behind Draco's neck and wrapped them there, pulling him down slightly so he could kiss him better. He smiled against his lips. After a moment, Draco pulled back and looked into Harry's eyes. For once they gave each other a sincere, genuine smile.

~~~

Harry held Draco's hand as he explained everything, the lights stayed a soft pink. "I've liked you ever since you first introduced yourself to me in year one.." Harry confessed as Draco smiled slightly. "I never thought you'd like me back." Draco looked down at his shoes as Harry scratched the back of his neck. "Wow.. I-I didn't realize I liked you until the night before we made the Amortentia. Thats why I was acting, well, weird." Harry blushed a light pink and turned to look at him. Draco gazed into his eyes. "Do you mind if we don't tell people about.. this? Its just, I need time to adjust." Harry nodded. He laid his head on Draco's shoulder and they sat in comfortable silence, until they heard Ron and Hermione's footsteps running toward the garden. "Shit." Draco got up and hid behind some pots. They luckily didn't see Draco because they were only looking for Harry. When they spotted him they ran up and stopped, trying to catch their breathe. "So did you find him?" Hermione asked eagerly. "No, but its ok I don't need to talk to him anymore." Harry said, fidgeting with his fingers. Ron noticed a shift in energy and turned around, accidentally spotting Draco hiding. Draco ran his finger across his neck signifying he'd kill that damn Weasley if he said a word. Ron turned back around. "But harry you-" Ron cut her off. "He said he didn't want to see him anymore s-so we should leave him alone." Ron blurted out and then looked at Harry. Hermione sighed. "We should head back to the ball." Ron suggested. "But what about harry?" "I'll be fine. Im just gonna head back to my room." He smiled. "ok.. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight." Hermione and Ron left the garden and Draco came back out and walked over to Harry. "Fuck, I think Weasley saw me.." Draco said with a hint of worry in his voice. Harry quickly slipped his hand into Draco's and looked into his eyes. "It's ok. Ron's my best mate, he won't say anything." He gave him a comforting smile as he squeezed his hand lightly.

~~~

After about an hour of them being out in the garden, they decided they should head back to their rooms before anyone else so no one would be suspicious of them. Before Draco left after walking Harry to his dorm, he kissed the brunette once more, placing his fingers on the side of his face, his rings making a small indent. Draco broke the kiss reluctantly and left, feeling good about his choices for the first time in a long while. Harry entered the dorm him and Ron shared and got ready for bed. After taking a shower and putting on his night clothes he got in bed and started to read. Ron soon walked in smiling like a kid who just got free ice cream, he looked like he had smeared lipstick around his lips. Harry smirked lightly. "So.. how was your night?"

๑๑๑