I should hope so

Word count: 1868

Narrators POV

     Hours later the pair were still asleep in each other's arms. It was now dusk and the sun had just began to set. Draco woke up and looked out the window, he then looked at his watch and it was already 6 pm. He smiled and sat up rubbing his face with his hands, suddenly his stomach started to ache from hours earlier. "Fuck.. almost forgot about those." He calais quietly, not trying to wake the brunette next to him. Eventually the pain lessened to the point where he could tolerate it. He looked over at Harry who was sleeping peacefully, the marks on his neck that he had made earlier were now very visible. He stared at him for a moment, taking a mental picture of him, wishing they could stay like this for eternity. He blushed lightly, remembering earlier. He hoped he wasn't too forward with Harry, he had only been with ine other person before and the feelings he had for the gryffindor are much more intense then he had ever felt before. He sighed and leaned over Harry, placing a soft kiss on his lips and backing up. "Good afternoon sleeping beauty, it's almost time for dinner." He smiled down at him as Harry rubbed his eyes and yawned. He sat up, his hair now very messy. "What time is it?" He mumbled quietly. "A little past five." Draco smiled softly and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Twenty-five minutes until dinner." Harry smiled at him and put on his glasses. Draco admired him for a second. "You're so handsome.." He reaches up and ran his fingers through Harry's hair. Harry blushed brightly and smiled. "I just woke up.. I'm no more handsome then Nevilles toad." Harry replied. "I'd disagree, you're always handsome." Draco said softly. "How was I lucky enough to find you.." Harry leaned over and placed a soft kiss on to Draco lips, but Draco pulled him up into his lap. He kissed him tiredly yet passionately and wrapped his arms around Harry's waist. He pulled him closer and slipped in his tongue forcefully. Harry wasn't used to Draco being this quick, but he didn't mind at all. He moved his hands up into his icy hair and gripped it softly which made Draco smirk. Draco pushed him onto the bed where he laid on top of Harry. Suddenly, Ron came out of the bathroom and scoffed. "Seriously? Can you keep your hands off each other for five bloody seconds?" Harry blushed brightly and jumped up, but Draco smirked and kissed him again. "Sorry that we're in love." He said, not realizing the strong word he used. Harry blushed brightly as he mouthed an apology to Ron. Draco stood up and started to re-button his shirt and put on his tie, too tired to realize it was actually the gryffindor's. Harry got up and did the same, trying to smooth his hair down with his hands. Ron shook his head as he grabbed his robe and left to go to the main hall. "Tonight's gonna change everything.." Harry said tiredly, thinking of them holding hands in the dining hall. Draco looked down. "Yeah.." He didn't know how to tell Harry what happened with his father. He didn't want to tell Harry that his father threatened to expell him. He thought about how heart crushing that would be for him as he slipped on his shoes. "Draco..? Draco!" Harry was waving a hand in front of his face. "Looks like you had your head in the clouds." Draco smiled up at him and kissed his cheek. "Is something wrong?" Harry asked turning his head slightly to the side. "Nothing at all love." He smiled at him brightly, Harry melted at that nickname. Draco pulled him close and wrapped his hands around Harry's waist. "I have to ask.." He blushed lightly. "W-was I too aggressive earlier..?" Draco asked gently. Harry smiled softly. "What? Of course not." He blushed a bright pink. "It was... nice." Draco smiled and kissed Harry again lovingly.

~~~

     After they finished freshening up, they walked down the empty hall hand in hand in comfortable silence. Draco kept Harry close since no one else was around and he wanted as much time he could have with him. Harry stopped walking, sensing Draco was upset about something. "Draco, we don't have to do this." He smiled up at him and gave his hand a light squeeze. "What do you mean, love?" Draco asked. "We don't have to... come out.. tonight. We can wait until we know your father is off campus... we could even wait until we're out of school, I don't want you in trouble." Harry didn't want to hide their love any longer, but he knew that hogwarts wasn't the type of safe place they needed. Draco smiled weakly and looked down. "I'm so sorry.." Tears started to form in his eyes, his hand starting to cover his face. "I can't.. I cant do it.." he sniffled. "I'm so sorry.." Harry looked up at him and wiped his tears with his thumb. "Draco.. don't be sorry. It's not your fault that people are the way they are." He kissed his cheek. "We can wait.. as long as we're together I can wait." He smiled reassuringly at him. Draco looked back into his eyes. "Thank you.." He kissed him softly. Suddenly they heard footsteps about to come around the corner. Harry immediately ducked behind a column on the wall and Draco stood there waiting to see who it was. But the person who turned the corner was not who he expected it to be. It was someone who could've not walked in at a worse time. "F-Father..?"

Lucius turned the corner and made immediate eye contact with Draco, scowling. "Draco." Lucius looked him up and down, spotting Harry's tie. "Is that a... Gryffindor tie?" He walked quickly over to his son. "Who's is it." He asked aggressively, though he already assumed he knew the answer. "I.." Draco looked down at his shoes. "It was accident.. I grabbed the wrong one in the laundry room.." Lucius clenched his teeth and raised his chin. It was a Saturday and laundry wasn't done until Sunday. "Why are you lying to me?" Draco started picking at his fingers. "I'm not.." Lucius rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Draco Lucius Malfoy. You know I hate it when you lie." Draco's heart started to beat faster. "I-I'm sorry father." He mumbled quietly. "And the mumbling." Lucius said through his teeth, grabbing out his wand. "Raise your shirt-" Draco took a step back. "Father please!" Lucius now looked furious, how dare his son not do as he says. He stepped closer to him and put his wand to his chest. "Raise you're shirt now or I'll triple it from this morning." Draco couldn't hold back his tears. They started rolling down his cheeks as Draco reached for his shirt. Harry couldn't hold his anger in. He walked out from behind the column. "Don't hurt him." He held out his wand and stared directly into Lucius' eyes. "Harry Potter." He smirked slightly. "Well isn't this.. fun." He turned his attention back over to Draco. "So this is who.. you've been with? Why am I not surprised" He said unfazed. Draco looked down at his feet. Lucius sighed. "Don't you remember what I told you this morning. Ive never been more disappointed in you." Draco's heart dropped, though he despised his father and wanted nothing to do with him, all he ever wanted was to live up to his family name, all he wanted was to make his father proud. Lucius raised his wand towards Harry. "What exactly do you plan to do, Potter?" Lucius asked. "Whatever I must for you to keep you dirty hands off of him." Harry replied. "Dirty? My dear boy, I'm afraid that's you." Lucius had always looked down on every other family, especially the potters. "You stay away from him." Harry said as he stepped closer. "He's my son. I shall do what I please." Lucius stated through gritted teeth. "You're no more a father to him than any other man." Harry said, putting himself between the two. "How dare you say such a thing. Draco tell him he can not disrespect me like this, or else I'll expel him and have you excluded from every person who steps foot on this campus except the professors." He looked to his son. "... No." Malfoy said looking down. "No?" Lucius scoffed. "No. You're not my father." Draco said tilting his head up so he could make eye contact. Lucius clenched his teeth and gripped his wand. "You.. you filthy potter. You turned him against me didn't you." Harry laughed. "That was all you." Lucius raised his wand to cast a spell to harm the gryffindor, but Harry was much quicker then Lucius. "Expelliarmus!" Lucius' wand was then thrown out of his hand and laid across the hall. Lucius looked down at his hand and then back up at Potter angrily. "Why you little-" He started towards Harry, ready to fight him with his bare hands. Draco swiftly jumped in between them and punched Lucius in the nose, looking as surprised as Harry was. He couldn't believe he did that to his own father. Lucius grabbed his face and almost fell to the ground. Draco's punch was strong, and his rings added to the impact. "Draco! That was brilliant!" Draco looked terrified and turned to Harry. "I just fucking punched my father in the face." He looked down at his hands, frozen in shock, shaking. "And he doesn't look to happy about it, come on!" He grabbed Draco's hand and started running down the hall, they could hear Lucius yell behind them. "From this day forth do not consider yourself a Malfoy, you are a disgrace to the family name!" Draco smiled while holding onto Harry's hand firmly. They continued to run until they stopped in the hallway in front of the main hall, trying to catch their breath desperately. Draco pulled Harry in by his collar, kissing him. Harry pulled away and leaned his forehead against Draco's. "I love you.." He said quietly. Draco smiled softly. "I should hope so, I didn't save your life for nothing." Draco replied. Harry laughed softly and pulled him into another kiss. They both pulled away and embraced softly, gripping each other's shoulders and back. "What are you gonna do about Lucius?" Harry said as he looked worried for him. Draco smiled softly. "I believe he said I'm not a Malfoy anymore, so I shouldn't be hearing from him anytime soon." They pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. "Well.. now that that's out of the way.. you sure you want to do this?" Harry gestured to their hands that were interlocked. "I've never been more sure about something in my entire life." Draco gave a warm smile, putting his hand on the door, giving a nod to Harry before he pushed it open, letting everyone in the hall see them hand in hand.

-fin-

๑๑๑