🌻Wait🌻

.

"Snitches are bitches and bitches get stitches."

...

"So Mari how did you meet Bruce?" Richard Grayson ask, curiosity evident on his face. The dinning room table was set perfectly thanks to Alfred. In front of them was a delicious meal.

"Well, it starts off with me doing one of my magic tricks-" She starts to go off. 

Tim perks up hearing the words ,"Magic tricks?!".

"Tt." Damian rolls his eyes, "Magic tricks are for children."

"Shush, let the adults talk." Tim says making the 10 year old growl. Bruce gives them a knowing look.

"Basically I distract the audience with easy tricks while pickpocket them."  She says as if it is simple to pull off that trick, for her it is. "its the same concept of misconception and Trickery." An awkward silence passes over the group.

"You Invited a thief into our home!?" Damian speaks up angrily. It was unusual enough to have a stranger stay in the manor, let alone a criminal. Technically they have all done things that have made them criminals, Tim might be the exception. 

"Can You show me a magic trick?" Tim ask with excitement laced in his voice. A small beeping noise from Bruces watch makes everyone stiffen.

"Im sorry, this conversation will have to wait I have business to attend to.", Bruce gets up abruptly. " Dick with me, Tim and Damian stay here. It is a school night." Damian scowls at his father.

"But-"

"no."  Damian dislikes being left out of his families "Nightly activities." 

An awkward silence leaves Mari to her thoughts and she cant help but wonder...

What the hell was that?

.....

In her bedroom Mari stuffs her most valuable items into her backpack, starring at the picture of her mother. Oh how she wishes she could remember her voice. They look fairly similar with her round face and small freckle patch across her nose. The only difference was that her mother had vivid white hair. Deep down Mari knows she's never coming back, but she dreams of her mother embracing her in a hug, and taking her home. 

Home; A thing Mari hasn't truly experienced in years. She always runs away from foster parents, unless they kick her out first. So naturally this is what she's doing now.

"What are You doing."

"JESUS! Don't do that!" she shouts as Damian scares her. Flipping her backpack onto her shoulder she replies, "Leaving." He gives her an emotionless look till it turns smug.