🌻Sniper🌻

3:00 in the morning is probably the least safe time of Gotham for someone to walk the streets alone. Let alone a teenage girl. Gotham city is filled with rapist, muggers, and drug addicts.

The eerie silence sends a shiver down Mari's spine. Few cars pass by, during this late night. The chill September breeze causes her to clutch onto her denim jacket to preserve her warmth and the street lights cast a golden hue onto the pavement. Anxiously, she plays with the hems of jacket.

Usually Mari would have found an abandoned building to crash in by now, but something feels off. It could be that it's just Gotham, a city filled with crime. It could be the foreboding feeling in the pit of her stomach. Or it could be that she made a mistake leaving.

She wonders, Maybe I shouldn't have left.

Thats Bull shit. Wayne just wants another Charity case to flaunt around. You're nothing to them, you're  just a pathetic piece of shit.

The internal battle rages like a storm inside of her. Wayne manor is a place thats giving her a chance. A chance for her to have a home.  It doesn't feel right to throw it away.

The cashier at the fast food restaurant had called Damian her brother. The small moment had caused an ache in her chest. What if Damian and her could really be siblings if she gave Bruce a chance? What if she can have a real family?

"Stupid!"Mari growls in anger kicking a trash can over. Old garbage spills onto the ground and clatters when it hits the sidewalk. Suddenly theres a terrifying, animalistic noise.

ROOOOAAAAAARRRRRR

The monstrous roar shakes the street, shocking Mari to the core. It was so raw and powerful, but mostly frightening. What creature on earth can make a noise like that? It's not similar to any noise made by a mammal.

Curiosity eats Mari up inside along with fear. She walks to the other side of the alley, crouching down in the shadows. Peering over the corner of the building she holds in a gasp and covers her mouth in attempt to not give away her position.

There, a 11 foot (3.35 meters) reptilian-man; Killer Croc battles four vigilantes; Batman, Batgirl and Nightwing. His mouth is filled with foam like a rabid beast and his skin is covered in crocodile scales.

All of there suits are made out of military grade kevlar, if not, better. Batman's suit is all black with his famous insignia on his chest. Batgirl has the same insignia on her chest, though her color palette is different. The feminine suit is filled with dark grays and hints of purple. Batmans first protégé; Nightwing has a dark black suit with a blue 'v' similar to a bird. In his hands are his signature weapons Escrima sticks.

The teenage girl examines Nightwings figure, finding there body type and hair very similar to Grayson. She decides to think nothing of it.

Mari watches as the team fights the beast, admiring their skills. The Dark night and batgirl battle Killer crock as Nightwing gets hit by the reptilian beasts. The beasts brutal strength sends Nightwing to the other side of the street, near Mari. He lets out a small yelp as he hits the brick wall.

Shit.

The girl holds her breath so she isn't heard by the superhero. In fascination she watches as he gets up.

This man can take a hit, She thinks. In no possible way would she be able to get back up after a hit like that. Her bones would be broken from the impact.

Noticing small movements  behind Nightwing, Mari's eyes wonder above the building seeing a figure. A black suit and hood camouflages the mysterious into the night but Mari spot them. She gasp noticing the sniper rifle in the figures arms. It's very possible that who ever the person is, they plan to kill one or more of the superhero's tonight.