A loss of a finger

"You bitch!" "No, Im THAT bitch honey."

-------------

Mari decided to keep silent about the recent revelation that she was living with Gothams local heroes. One because she didn't know how they would react and two because she could use it as a wild card. A trick up her sleeve, and tricks are Mari's specialty.

Thunderstorms have always been enjoyable for Mari. The roars of the clouds are calming to her. Sort of in the same way Metallica is calming to some people. Today is different. School has been over for an hour and No one has been answering her calls. 

Its probably just superhero business

Tim stayed home sick, leaving her alone at school for the day. If this starts to become a pattern Mari might just skip next week all together.

Rain pours down soaking hair. Cold and wet rain. She sighs coming to the conclusion that she will just walk home. 

"Its Gotham, how dangerous can it be?" She laughs sourly. What an amazing thing it is to live in the most dangerous city in the world.

It's getting colder and darker by the minute. Strangers give Mari looks, of recognition. Who wouldn't recognize Bruce Waynes newest ward?

"Why is it so damn cold." She whispers to herself. The soaked school uniform clings to every curve in her body, making her feel naked and exposed. Thunder roars in the distance and her heart quickens. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

A hand wraps around her waist and mouth, harshly pulling her into the darkness. Mari bites the hand as hard as she can, and the attacker screams. The finger comes clean off, leaving a metallic taste in her mouth. 

"You bitch!" A deep voice yells.

"No, Im THAT bitch honey." She corrects before feeling a hard impact on the back of her head. Slowly and subtlety the light fades out, consuming the girl in darkness.

The man whimpers while clutching his bleeding hand, another looks at him.

"Boss isn't gonna like this, We weren't suppose to hurt her." He states.

The Other moans in pain "The little slut bit off my finger!" He stares nauseously at the severed finger on the sidewalk. 

"Walk it off."

---------------

Bruce had finally gotten home from justice league business and tiredly walks out of the entrance from the bat cave. With Damian behind him who tagged along.

"Its too quiet." Damian states. Though Tim is sick, Mari would usually be blasting, some form of music Damian despises around the manor despite his protest. 

Bruce caresses his chin in thought "Agreed." A thought comes into his mind, "Alfred wheres Mari?"

The old mans eyes widen. "Since I was on the bat computer all day, i instructed Master Grayson to pick her up."

Dick stretches out on the couch, "I was busy so I asked Tim to- Shit"  He face palms realizing his mistake.

" Tch You fool!" Damian growls. Not only is Tim sick, but he doesn't even have a drivers license. 

"Maybe she walked home, master bruce." Alfred puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Its ten at night Alfred, Mari would have been home by now." The Wayne concludes. 

Worry strikes him. Many people are out to get the Waynes. If kidnaped who knows what they could have done to her by now.

A quick conclusion comes to mind. 

The killer of the sniper. 

"We have to find her."

__________________

A/N: These updates are so slow, I'm going to be dust before I finish this. 

 f in the chat