Chapter 30

Emily

These hormones are driving me crazy. I can't even make dinner without tearing up and it's not because of onions. When I'm not crying, I'm like 5 minutes away from throwing something.

Braxton just rolls with it, but he is getting on my nerves too. He refuses to let me do anything!

The spotting stopped and the baby is still doing good, but he wants me to just sit down and do nothing when I get home. I may be scared to death for our baby, but it's so frustrating. I took Cora to the park yesterday and he had a conniption fit.

I'm going to lose my mind.

"Em, go sit down. I'll finish making dinner." I take a deep breath and go upstairs to get Cora.

"Baby girl, let's wash our hands for dinner." She looks up from her dolls and then walks with me to the bathroom.

She sings the ABCs twice then we wipe our hands off. I never realized how much easier it is to wash your hands without one in a cast. I finally got it taken off and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Hey guys, dinner is ready." Braxton calls us. I roll my eyes, dinner was almost ready when I was making it, he didn't need to step in at the last minute.

I sit down and start making Cora's plate, then my own. I made spaghetti and there is a tossed salad as well.

"How was your day at school, buttercup?" At least he is still being reasonable with her.

"It was soo much fun! We pwayed with pwaydough and read a book. Then I played with dolls during centers." She radiates joy and it's so nice to be around. I'm still worried about my son and her happiness gives me something else to focus on.

"Who did you play with?" She changes friends constantly and I love that she is so friendly.

"Luna and Ben!"

We continue to eat while listening to Cora talk about everything else she did and how much she likes her teacher.

When we finish I start on the dishes and Braxton gets Cora started on a movie. She begged for a movie night and I relented, she is too cute to say no to sometimes.

When I finish, Braxton is getting ready for bed and I see Cora fell asleep on the couch.

I scoop her up and walk up the stairs to her room. When I get to the top, I stop and catch my breath. That is getting to be a lot harder than it used to be. She is getting so big. My baby is already in school and soon I won't be able to carry her anymore.

When I get to her room, I flip the light and carry her to bed. She wore a dress today, so it's not too hard to get her into pajamas.

I'm sweating by the time she is tucked in. On my way to my bedroom, I run into Braxton. He doesn't look happy either.

"Where is Cora?" His voice is hard.

"She's in her room. Why?" I'm still a little confused as to why he looks so angry.

"How did she get there? Did she wake up?" So that's why he's mad. He didn't want me to carry her again.

"I carried her, she was asleep. Lower your voice before you wake her up." The look on his face is terrifying.

He motions for me to follow him down the stairs and I do.

"Why did you carry her, Emily? Why? You know you shouldn't be."

"It's completely fine for me to carry her! She only weighs 30 pounds." I'm trying to keep my voice down, but I can't because he is just so frustrating.