Chapter 35

Braxton

"Dude, chill the fuck out." I take a deep breath, so I don't knock Henry's teeth out.

"I'm chill. I just want to get on with it. Why is it taking so long?" We are sitting in traffic on the way to the hotel by Surfside beach.

Em insisted that we go to a different one than she went to with the girls to make sure we didn't see each other, but I'm losing my patience quickly.

It's already noon, which means that we get married in two hours and time is going by so slowly.

We are only five minutes away from the hotel, but we have been sitting at this light for 20 minutes, at least it feels like it.

"I don't know, but just think you'll be married to her by the end of the day. Also, I met her and your daughter. They seem pretty great, so don't fuck it up." I nod.

Em and Cora met Henry a few weeks ago, when we had a family meeting to announce our wedding.

They instantly clicked and it was probably hilarious for them, not so much for me.

Considering I was the bud of their jokes it's not surprising, but he already acts like another brother for her and uncle for Cora, so I'm not too pissed at him.

I'm going to need all the help I can get to keep all those horny teenagers away from my little girl.

I'll raise my son to protect his sister too, but since she'll be almost four years older than him, that might have to wait a few years. 

Maybe our next baby will be a boy too, or maybe she'll be another beautiful little princess that looks just like her mama.

"Finally!" We turn into the hotel parking lot and climb out. I motion for Henry to grab the clothes and I walk up to the desk.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" The woman is probably in her late 50s, but her kind smile is genuine.

"I'm Braxton Thompson and have a room booked. I'd like to check in." She types a few things into the computer and then looks back up.

"How many room keys do you need?"

"Two, please." She does some more typing, then hands me two keys over the counter.

"Thank you." I see Henry walking with the bags and he waits by the elevator for me.

"Enjoy your stay."

We get into the elevator and head up to the 3rd floor.

"Are you nervous?"

"Hell no. I just want to be married to her. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her and our family." I grin thinking of Thursday night.

We were laying in bed and I was having my daily baby time. I usually just rub her belly with lotion and talk to him, but I was asking him about what he thought his name should be.

Em thought it was hilarious. She kept laughing at me and the baby would kick around.

I was content to chase his kicks and punches around her belly.

At 26 weeks, it's pretty easy to feel his kicks, sometimes I can even see it.

I have been looking all over for different boy names that start with C and I think I might have found a winner. Of course, this happened last night when I couldn't just move her to look at me in my arms.

"Braxton!" Henry is waving his hand in my face and I notice that the elevator is on the third floor.

"Sorry, I'm coming." I walk out and locate the room.