Business Trip

"Y/N, come back love. Please," Deck pleaded after you. No way though, you weren't stupid enough to listen to him and fall for his way with words. Not this time.

You slammed the door behind you and locked it, hiding away in your shared bedroom. "Leave me alone. Just go!" With nothing else to say to him, you crawled into bed and buried your tear-stained face into your pillow. The door handle was jiggled and then all you heard was silence. How did he get in? You thought to yourself, knowing your husband all to well.

Slowly, you lifted your head from the pillow and saw him kneeling beside your bedside, just staring at you with love in his eyes.

"Let me explain myself, please."
He leaned over close to try and kiss you, but you weren't done being angry yet. You pulled yourself away from him and out of bed, pacing around the other end of the room.

"Here, let me help you start," this would not be a friendly chat. "You get home from your last business trip, what.. maybe a week ago and that's stretching it. Now, you get another call to go on another business trip? You've been home 5 days and your office wants you to leave again for... for how long, Deckard?"

He looked away, silent.

You pushed again, "How long this time, Deck?"

"...A month, two months at most."

Your heart sinks, he was just gone and now he's leaving again. "Why, Deck? Why not just ask to be home for a couple weeks?" He couldn't even look at you, "I'm sure your office would understand that you have a wife who wants you home at least some of the time. I haven't seen you for two and a half months, how can we have a functional relationship if you're always gone?"

For a few moments he stayed silent, "Its not as easy as just asking to stay home. My job is important, doll. You know that." His voice was desperate.

You scoffed, "I know how important your job is? Deckard, I wish I knew how important your job was. Hell, I wish I knew what your job even was! You never tell me, all you ever tell me is 'It's important, what I do'" you say in a mocking accent.

Deckard looks to you with concern and pain in his eyes. What is he hiding.
"Be honest with me," you plead, tears welling up and falling down your cheeks, "is-- is there another... woman?"

He jumps from the bedside and rushed to hold you tight, shushing your sobs. "Don't you ever," he pulls away to look you in the eyes, "Ever think that I could love anyone as much as I love you, or be with anyone that wasn't you." He wiped your tears away and pulled you back into his chest. "Y/N, I hate leaving. There isn't a moment you don't cross my mind when I'm gone..."

You hold him tightly and inhale deeply. His scent, how could you go another month without it. His voice, how he calmed you just by speaking. You pulled back again and stared right into his eyes, a whole month without looking deeply into those brown eyes. If he keeps leaving like this... You just don't know if you can handle it.

"But what I do is important, and I have to go."

Once again, your heart sank.

"...More important than me?"

"Y/N."

"Fine, don't tell me what you do, just take me with you."

"Y/N."

"We won't be apart and you can do your job..."

"Y/N."

"... and every night you'll come home to me!"

"It's not that simple."

"Isn't it though--"

"You're not going," he said sternly and plainly. You gave him a hurt, confused look and tried to object, but he continued, "What I do is dangerous, the people I work with are dangerous, and there is no way I'm exposing my one weakness to this side of my life or the people in it."

You didn't know what to say, he couldn't be serious. "You said you worked in an office."

"Yeah, and the offices I work in usually blow up."

Dumbfounded, you asked yourself how you never found out about this. Better yet, you asked yourself how you could let him leave now after finding out the dangerous life he had away from home.
"Now there no way I'm letting you go," you protested.

"Love--"

"No, why- why would I let my husband... get blown up and- and be in dangerous situations. I love you. I love you too much to let you do that. Either you- you take me with you or you don't go at all!" You cried out.

Deck smiled, he grabbed you're waist and pulled you in close for a deep kiss. You wrapped your arms around him, making your kiss deeper and more passionate. He just told you he'd been working in a dangerous life, and the only thing that could've possibly calmed you down was his sweet lips on yours.

Gently, he lifted you off the ground and took you over to the bed. He set you down next to him and just held you close. You nuzzle yourself into his neck and closed your eyes.

Yes, he had lied. For years, he had lied to you, but that didn't matter. You loved him, and he clearly loved you.

Everything he did was to keep you safe, but there was absolutely no way that he could leave. Now that you knew what he was doing, how could you let him leave knowing he may not come back.
All you wanted was to keep him here in this moment with you, cuddling without a care in the world. You fell asleep with your husband's arms wrapped around you as he played with your hair, every so often whispering in your ear how much he loved you and how he couldn't live without you.