eight

"minghao.", she asked but still looking infront.

"hmm?"

"have you ever felt like life's a bit unfair?", minghao took a brief glance at her and sighed.

"yeah, many times.", disappointment was drawn on minghao's face just by remembering everything in terms of his busy parents.

"me too.", while sadness filled her face when she remembered the life of that little girl, and even her life, she has questioned so many times that why does it have to be her? what could be the reason?

"i want to quit.", she looked at minghao, confused.

"what do you want to quit?"

"this horrible game called life..., but...", she grew even more confused when minghao didn't finish his sentence.

minhao took a glance at her again and contemplated for a moment, "nevermind."

'but, there's this feeling that i realized that maybe life doesn't seem that bad... when you suddenly came...', that thought unconsciously came up to his mind that it even made him smile a little.

"it would've been better if my parents weren't always busy—"

"really?, when you got in an accident days ago, they were there all night.", she innocently looked at him, while he's world seems to stop. though it's just a small thing, it was a big deal for him.

"why?", she waved her hands infront of his face. he did snapped out from his thoughts, but the thought of his parents being there for him was still lingering.

"nothing. but...", minghao furrowed his brows.

"b—but what?", she panicked inside when she realized that she shouldn't have said that. minghao will realize that why wasn't she hospitalized too when he clearly saw that it was the both of them who got into an accident.

"please tell me the truth.", minghao was still furrowing his brows while she just waited for him to continue."it was the two of us who got into an accident that day right?"

"uh—the thing is—", suddenly a ball came rolling to them which cause minghao's attention to go there.

he picked up the ball, and when he looked up a little boy was already running to his direction.

"i'm sorry.", the boy bowed to him, but was still catching his breath.

"it's okay, here.", he handed the ball to the boy with a bright smile.

"but, may i ask if who are you talking to?", the boy diligently waited for minghao's response but minghao was confused.

"huh?"

"i have seen you here since earlier, alone but you seem like talking to someone."

"i'm actually with some—", his words were cutted off when he saw no one beside him.

since that boy came to him, she was already hiding behind the big tree just to not confused them both.

when she took a peek at them, they were smiling at each other, that she just decided to leave, and go again to the hospital.

it has been a habit of her to go there when she has nowhere to go to, which is everyday, and maybe it could help her still unanswered questions.

but today, she felt different, she had the urge to go inside.

and so she did, she looked closely to the lying girl who looks exactly like her.

she was observing her face, when suddenly her hand unconsciously reached for the lying girl's hand.

her tears started to fall when every forgotten memory one by one took over her mind.

'no...'