Chapter 1

Y/N walked around, taking in her environment. Music played in the air everywhere she turned, people walked the streets with laughter and smiles. She could feel the magic in the air that surrounded this place.

It felt soothing.

But something was wrong.

She realized then that she was alone. There was no Alice, no Carlisle, no Emmett or Edward, no Esme or Rosalie.

No Jasper.

She looked around then. She wasn't used to not having Jasper around, especially if no one else was there. Since Victoria had attacked, he never let her go anywhere by herself, in fear that she'd get hurt again.

She calmed herself before she could get worked up, something she learned in her time with James. She got a move on, picking up her steady pace to look for one of the Cullens.

They had to be around her somewhere.

It took a while to get around, she had no idea where she was. The endless shops lining the streets and the large groups of people walking along the filled area made it difficult to navigate.

When she got off the sidewalk and closer to the more secluded areas, which made more sense because of their glistening skin in the sun, she finally felt the familiar presence of the vampires she lived with.

She walked closer toward that feel and finally saw Jasper. But what she saw had her eyes widening and her mouth open.

"Jasper!" She yelled, her hands coming up to work her magic, but nothing happening. He was on the ground on his knees, his back arching in pain as a small coven of witches used their magic to slow him down.

He wasn't doing anything wrong, they were just attacking him.

She took a breath and finally tried again, a surge of magic shooting through her hands and toward the witches, sending them flying away.

Jasper stopped his writhing in pain and slowly stood. He turned to face her, but before he could say anything, as he was about to do, the ground shifted as her feet stuck to it.

In the next moment, she was standing in an old and eccentric looking room. It was very large and the only light was a hoard of candles around the room, as the sun only shown through very high windows that had no chance of touching anyone's skin.

Three thrones stood tall in the room, but there was no one sitting in them. In fact, there was no one in the room.

She looked around before migrating toward the throne that was front and center. As if her body wasn't her own, she reached her hand out to the throne.

Suddenly, a figure was sat in that chair with your hand tucked away in his own. In the split second that the man was there, paper pale, black haired, and red eyed, she felt the cold hands wrap around her own and the magic of a Chosen One covering her.

Y/N bolted awake then, her breath heavy and her mind alert. When she found herself safely in the bed of her room in the Cullen's home, Y/N sighed softly.

It was just a dream. A weird dream.

Or perhaps a vision.

But she shouldn't jump to conclusions.

As she went to grab her grimoire from her night stand, Jasper came bolting in the room. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Y/N jumped slightly, not expecting the sudden intrusion like she should have. Bolting awake like that wouldn't go unnoticed by vampires who could hear her breath and heartbeat, which had only just returned to a normal pace until Jasper had startled her.